Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the heater and AC on my Zoe have been great up until the last few weeks.

I noticed a while back that when the car was running it sounded like something was caught in the fan, a buzzing. It was slightly worrying but everything seemed OK.

Then recently when the temperature is about 2-8 degrees there is no heating. Lower than 2 and all OK, and when its warmer the AC seems OK.

I have been monitoring with CanZE and I'm confused. Initially I thought the noise was the compressor but then on a couple of warm days it fired into life and quite happily speeds up to 2-3000 rpm quite happily and quietly. But then it didnt work again. Then it did.

The pressure is 3-5psi at idle and 15-20 when running. It varies according to speed. So seems to have pressure.

No hiss that you get when ICE cars are low on gas.

Its got old software on the CLIM.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line with CCS
124 Posts
Might not be totally applicable but I had similar problems on my ZE40 Q90, so ended up following EV Nicks advice. It sorted it by just flicking up and down the temperature range to get the heat coming through. Before that it was just cold air.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,521 Posts
A loud, sort of metallic "buzzing" sound is indicative of low gas

In my experience you hear it when the compressor first fires up and it fades away presumably as the gas circulates, but if it's constantly noisy there may be a leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its working again today but its the first time this week. It didn't work this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts