Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Well said! I was thinking likewise today. When not on eco setting I reckon there's a bit of magic involved. How else could it get that cool that quick without denting the battery?!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Yes it has a heat pump and from what I can tell it's pretty efficient

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full marks to Renault for getting something right - the heating aspect seems a bit cr*p but not had it's test in winter yet so time will tell !!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Good luck with that EV Rider - have you got your charge point already ?
I agreed to the buy thursday,the dealer tells me he passed on the info to the wallbox people since then,but I understand they will contact Me for an appointment..no word so far..There's a rapid charger in this area, (and a fast one closer) so as long as I can pick up the car with a full charge I can cope in the meantime!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Full marks to Renault for getting something right - the heating aspect seems a bit cr*p but not had it's test in winter yet so time will tell !!
I've never before owned a car with aircon..in this part of the world,all you need is a heater in winter and a window to roll down in summer! as it's a less power sucking unit than a conventional one,this might be the right time to start..

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
#EV Rider If all your power is from a free local charger you can use as much as you like and turn the aircon on remotely to pre heat or cool while on charge :) Don't want to worry you unduly but people have had big problems getting wall boxes fitted lately. If I were you I would ring Renault tomorrow and say you are worried about not being able to charge at home and would they lend you an EVSE cable ? You might find it handy and they are £500 to buy from them. :cool: And with any luck they should give it to you for keeps.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
#EV Rider If all your power is from a free local charger you can use as much as you like and turn the aircon on remotely to pre heat or cool while on charge :) Don't want to worry you unduly but people have had big problems getting wall boxes fitted lately. If I were you I would ring Renault tomorrow and say you are worried about not being able to charge at home and would they lend you an EVSE cable ? You might find it handy and they are £500 to buy from them. :cool: And with any luck they should give it to you for keeps.
oh,the idea of having the car plugged in and heating or cooling depending on the season was a selling point for Me..I hate having to go out and start up the ICE to let it defrost and warm up before a commute in winter! :) I was reading about installation taking up to a fortnight in some cases,so that might be a concern..the Dealer seemed to have an issue with me having 3m of garden in front of my house with a footpath in front of that before getting to my habitual parking space,not wanting cables dragging or laying on there while the car might be charging..(Edit)-there's also 3m of garden at the rear with a cul de sac to give access..am now creating a driveway which should be in place for the wallbox..now he seems fine with me getting along without home charging in the meantime due to having a fast charger in this area...
when you say an EVSE Cable..doesn't the car come with one?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh,the idea of having the car plugged in and heating or cooling depending on the season was a selling point for Me..I hate having to go out and start up the ICE to let it defrost and warm up before a commute in winter! :) I was reading about installation taking up to a fortnight in some cases,so that might be a concern..the Dealer seemed to have an issue with me having 3m of garden in front of my house with a footpath in front of that before getting to my habitual parking space,not wanting cables dragging or laying on there while the car might be charging..now he seems fine with me getting along without home charging in the meantime due to having a fast charger in this area...
when you say an EVSE Cable..doesn't the car come with one?
I think you may have problems with home charger in your circumstances - the car only comes with the Mennekes Type 2 lead for all the public chargers. The EVSE cable (or granny lead) will allow you to slow charge from a normal household socket and means you can charge overnight at home or when staying with friends or rellies without charging points.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I think you may have problems with home charger in your circumstances - the car only comes with the Mennekes Type 2 lead for all the public chargers. The EVSE cable (or granny lead) will allow you to slow charge from a normal household socket and means you can charge overnight at home or when staying with friends or rellies without charging points.
gotcha..the 3 pin alternative..yeah,I've just fired off an email to the dealer addressing a few countdown checklist items (24 hours and counting now!),chief amongst them being not having any public charger access cards as yet,or any word from my friendly neighbourhood Gas/Electric pipefitters about my anticipated wallbox..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you applied for your public access charger cards? I did mine only a couple of days before delivery and were here the next day

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Have you applied for your public access charger cards? I did mine only a couple of days before delivery and were here the next day
The dealer told me he had requested some for Me,and before I found that out I had put in my own request..nothing here yet. (edit)-they arrived the day after I took delivery,just in time to give me my first range anxiety attack..the Rapid charger cut me off at 68%,and the closer to home fast charger then wouldn't work for me..new cards,new day,all good..

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotcha..the 3 pin alternative..yeah,I've just fired off an email to the dealer addressing a few countdown checklist items (24 hours and counting now!),chief amongst them being not having any public charger access cards as yet,or any word from my friendly neighbourhood Gas/Electric pipefitters about my anticipated wallbox..
Keep us posted. Renault are renowned for their customer service. Not :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts