Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know there has been several discussions about the Zoe heating however...

I got my Zoe a couple weeks ago and have only recently tried the heating and from what i can feel i'm not getting any heat at all.

I've tried turning eco mode off, air con off / on, auto mode but it is not putting any heat out at all even on full heat/power.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

·
Zoe Devotee
7,956 Posts
What warranty repairs have you had on your Zoe?

You might need to check if you need the Blue Recall, think it was 15, heater update. Although being a new Zoe I'd have thought it would have been done already. Also worth getting the HVAC checked if its making noise but no heat.

I find my heating is better setting it to 22 degrees rather than max. Aircon off, fan switched to speed 3 for max heating. But remember its climate control, so you set it to 22 degrees and it heats the car and then cools it a bit until temp drops and then heats. So you'll feel it warming/cooling slightly when up to temp.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2019 R110 Zoe and were worried about the poor heating. Until, that is, the rep pointed out that the 'eco' setting reduced the power to both A/C and heating. With 'eco' off and the climate control on 'auto' everything is fine. Lesson - pay more attention to the manual!

·
Registered
124 Posts
3 weeks and counting for Renault to fix my heating, they can’t seem to work out how, but agree it’s broken, enjoying an enterprise Corsa, not!

the new zoe is off my list now as has same heating system which is clearly pants with so many faults

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've got a Q210 (22kwh 2013) and it works fine - I found the best setting seems to be auto and set the temp - if there is a big difference between the temp set on the dial and actual temp (e.g. if you get into a cold car and its set to hot) then it puts the fans on fast and they slow down as it warms up.

Does CanZE show AC power usage? Fundamentally if the heating isnt working then its an AC issue since its a combined heating & cooling system. Does the AC work?

I believe the newer Zoes heat the battery - maybe it is doing this in preference to cabin heat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heating is also fine for me - it is a heat pump system (air con in reverse) so the most efficient system on the market. Starts blowing out hot air more quickly than my diesel Honda on a cold day.
Auto is fine for me, although sometimes turn the power down to reduce the noise.

Dealerships I don't have as many good feelings for however! If its a new car - you can try to claim petrol and a good will payment (likely in vouchers) from Renault Customer services.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Does it pre-heat? It wacks everything up to max, if there is a fault with the heating you will have a freezing cold car.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dealer called me today, apparently they got some equipment from Renault to detect leaks and after 3 weeks have found an aircon leak in the battery area. No timescale on fix.
It all started with mediocre heating to no heating

1 - 11 of 11 Posts