Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
Zoe insurance renewal due soon. Was with Aegeas via Pluginsure but going to shop around. Any recommendations.
I own the car and lease the battery.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Make that four, both wife and my Zoe are insured with LV, cable cover and they will also transport you to nearest charge point if you run out of electrons, handy if your Zoe is battery owned and out of warranty.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
ZE50 R135 Iconic Rapid Charge - Flame Red - due April 2020 :-)
7 Posts
Hi All.
Zoe insurance renewal due soon. Was with Aegeas via Pluginsure but going to shop around. Any recommendations.
I own the car and lease the battery.

Thanks
LV for us as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
LV here too - I liked the option (£20 extra) for having an EV or hybrid as a hire car if mine needed to be fixed. Price was competitive with Aviva and PlugInsure and cheaper than Churchill who I was with before.

Reactions: cah197

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
LV Is good. They offer extras for EV drivers and I have seen plenty of people commenting how they are getting a good deal from them.

I feel like I should add here in case younger people are looking at this thread. LV seemingly hate young people and in the experience of myself and a few other EV driving friends they will quote a ridiculous figure. I ended up going with Admiral. They were one of the cheapest for me and customer service has been great to deal with over the years. There are no real EV benefits like LV offer, but they are happy to cover them, whether you own or lease the battery.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,979 Posts
Another vote for LV.

EDIT - The reason is that in June, when I switched from a 3.5 year old VW Up to a Zoe 50 GT-Line CCS, the premium only went up £50 for the remaining 6 months of the policy.

·
Registered
609 Posts
With one claim in 2018, my fault, renewal with Direct Line for this month was £378 up from £335 last year.. LV want £465.. this is for ZE50 GT line new in June20

·
Registered
18 Posts
LV for me as well, but my wife had a claim for her Zoe and the company she was with put her insurance up from about £400 to £800. So tried LV for her and they wanted £2600, managed to find her another company for about £600.

Makes you wonder how much LV would increase the rate if you had a claim with them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've never found LV to be cheap, the EV benefits that they offer are all included in the lease for battery lease Zoe owners. It's a different story if it's battery owned but whenever I've come to insure my cars in the past LV have been very expensive, I even think I get a UNISON discount to insure through them and it doesn't help. Maybe it's my age as others have suggested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to all for your recommendations. I got a quote with LV and fell off my chair at the £811 they came back with. Will continue to shop around.

·
Registered
17,400 Posts
What's your NCB at?

It seems they put a heavy discount on this.

But I'd try the comparison sites first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Claims at 11 years, full clean driving licence since 1990, aged 57, upto 12000 miles, Zoe 2015 22kw
The £811 is nearly double the premium last year.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,177 Posts
I got a good price from the AA ( Never been with them before for £255.00 ) via Confused.com after my renewal with Aviva went up £50 to £335.
( Aged 60 ( Full licence 1980 ), West Yorkshire , Full ncb protected , 15,000 miles , fully Comp insurance, SD&P including commute , voluntary excess £250 ( Zoe 2017 Ze40 Q90 )

Below screen shot i just did a new renewal today ( 4th Sept 2020 ) and the AA is still the cheapest for me anyway

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've never found LV to be cheap, the EV benefits that they offer are all included in the lease for battery lease Zoe owners. It's a different story if it's battery owned but whenever I've come to insure my cars in the past LV have been very expensive, I even think I get a UNISON discount to insure through them and it doesn't help. Maybe it's my age as others have suggested.

My prices, I’m 34, 3 years NCB, will be 4 in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
238 Posts
On renewal for this month Saga wanted £357 (paid £358 in 2019) for our 2018 R110 ZE40 Signature Nav, fully comprehensive, SD&P with work commute, protected NCD, two drivers. We too found the AA cheapest. Renewed with them for £314 with £100 excess.

Reactions: dparr59

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,979 Posts
No Claims at 11 years, full clean driving licence since 1990, aged 57, upto 12000 miles, Zoe 2015 22kw
The £811 is nearly double the premium last year.
That's an ouch! I suspect your postcode may be the issue
For comparison, here's my LV quote - N Wales postcode, NCB at 9 years, full clean licence since 1992, age 55, upto 12000 miles, Zoe 2020 50kW = £415
That's with a dash cam fitted, optional legal, hire car & protected NCB, and £150 excess

1 - 20 of 31 Posts