Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Zoe is coming up to the end of it's PCP and I'm happy the whole electric thing works for me. My original reason for jumping into EVs was intrigue and the cheap deals that were available on the Zoes.

Currently, my 22 kWh Zoe when used in conjunction with my right foot will do 70 miles in the summer and 45 in the winter which with daily charging that has been good enough for my needs. So, for my day to day stuff outright max mileage isn't the be all and end all assuming it's above a reasonable level and ideally better than I've got at the moment.

Now those really cheap deals are gone but I would like another EV. Tthe problem is the Zoe is no longer a no brainer as the price increase has brought it a lot closer to the Leaf and e-Golf. The leaf despite all the praise is gets just doesn't interest me and my heart wants a Golf. Speaking to dealers I've worked out that over a 36 month deal the Golf will cost me on average £75 a month more. That takes into account the larger deposit on the golf and the monthlies. I'm 85% there to justifying the extra expense in my mind. Nicer place to sit, change is better than a holiday, Golf has extra toys etc.

So, what do I need to know? If I order this week, the 21 week delivery time already leaves me without a car (electric car - I have access to another car but it's not ideal) for 6 weeks.

In terms of options I'm thinking Keyless and heat pump. The heat pump hurts a bit at £830 but from what I've read it seems to be worth it?

Any advice on how to deal with the dealers would be great too.

I'd be interested to know if the guys that are beginning to trade their e-Golfs in are finding there's any value left in the car over and above what left to pay on the PCP.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
21 week lead time is very optimistic in my opinion.

Have you thought of a lease instead of PCP? The new VW I.D. Neo is out in 2019/20 so the e-Golf is the last of its kind, and will deprecate rapidly.

Heat pump, look here:
The Official Website for Volkswagen UK : Volkswagen UK
Yeah... all good points cheers. I've been at the mercy of VW lead times before. It certainly has the potential to be a deal breaker.

I'm pretty oblivious to leasing. I've never done it and my attempts to investigate it have lead me to Leasingoptions, Nationwidevehiclecontracts, and Allcarleasing where I've not been able to find an e-Golf at all. Anywhere else I should be looking?

Regarding the ID Neo, as far as I'm aware the earlist I'd be sat in one of those would be mid 2020 which would put me pretty much in to the last 1/3 (trade up time) of a 36 month PCP i entered into soon.

Point taken... Heat pump worthwhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts