Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,275 Posts
Probably, but I bet not to go back in a car unless the other 7 pairs were really very new. Mixing different aged cells is a pretty bad idea. I bet the whole module would be disassembled and recycled to go stationary storage. And that would be something Renault would probably have outsourced. Notice all the "probably"s and "bet"s. I don't claim to KNOW.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Probably, but I bet not to go back in a car unless the other 7 pairs were really very new. Mixing different aged cells is a pretty bad idea.
Very true, but once you get 3 or 4 returns you can put together a set of 'exchange' modules of varying quality levels and prices.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,962 Posts
Our Zoe is in the garage to have this fixed:

View attachment 124617

They've given us a Dacia Sandero for the time being which is really making me miss the Zoe, it's an utterly basic piece of junk. It's only done 700 miles but you can turn the steering wheel side to side quite a lot while still driving in a straight line, it was truly awful until the engine had warmed up (it wasn't exactly wonderful even then, tbh; the whole experience was like driving through jelly) and it has nothing even resembling a bell or whistle. We kept looking at where the Zoe screen is but there's just the clock on the radio...

I also just got a text notification saying "battery low: 74%". Funny looking low. But at least I can tell they're actually doing something with it :)

I'd put cash money on them just applying the BMS update again and claiming they fixed it.

Also don't be too negative on the wee Sandero. I had one the other week during a service, turn the eco-button off and they are quite fun. For a 900odd CC engine they surprise a few folk. They are made to a price and sold cheap.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts