Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi to All,

I am just looking for some explanation from the wiser one among you 馃榿

I had my Zoe for almost 3 weeks, during this time I've covered already 700 miles. One thing I've noticed is the fact that the difference between driving on ECO mode VS normal doesn't really make that much of a difference on my range. From 100% charge on ECO mode I am getting comfortably 150/160 miles till I am down to 8-9% left. On the normal setting I am easily 140/145 miles before I am down to 8-9%.
I've read a lot here and around the net about how people have achieved huge differences between ECO and normal mode. For me it doesn't seems to make a huge difference. When I drive on normal mode I really enjoying the car, I still can't believe how smooth, silent and quick the Zoe is.
I've checked my battery SOH with the app and it is showing 98%, the car just turned 3 years old but only 9000 miles.
I am just wondering if anyone else have noticed the same?

Cheers

Registered
eco mode only makes a difference if limits the way you drive (if you normally acellerate pedal to the floor and drive at high speeds)

If you drive on normal mode with the same low aceleration and top speeds as ecomode, you will not have any different range

98% on 3rd anniversary is about normal.

Zoe Devotee
Eco mode is really just for those last miles of a trip where you are low on charge. Drive in normal all the times and it has several benefits. 1. your heater will work properly. 2. you'll become a better driver and eak out more miles with your right foot than eco could ever gain you. 3. you won't be restricted to 60mph or that horrible jerking when you floor it to rapidly speed up. Its actually safer in normal when pulling out on wet roads if you need to pull out quickly because the sudden jump from eco acceleration to full acceleration will brake traction and the car will slow horrendously to rain in power, but in normal mode you can judge the max power to pull away without slip.

Reactions: Padrino

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Eco mode is really just for those last miles of a trip where you are low on charge. Drive in normal all the times and it has several benefits. 1. your heater will work properly. 2. you'll become a better driver and eak out more miles with your right foot than eco could ever gain you. 3. you won't be restricted to 60mph or that horrible jerking when you floor it to rapidly speed up. Its actually safer in normal when pulling out on wet roads if you need to pull out quickly because the sudden jump from eco acceleration to full acceleration will brake traction and the car will slow horrendously to rain in power, but in normal mode you can judge the max power to pull away without slip.
100% in agreement with you. I've noticed that I actually can achieve better miles per kWh than when I am letting the car "drive itself" on eco mode.

Registered
Same here... I get better mileage with Eco off. The only time I have used it was pulling away on snowy or hard iced roads... not sure if it really made much difference here, but my thinking was that any 'dulling' of the throttle would mean less risk of losing traction?

Reactions: Padrino

Registered
In city driving, there is not much difference between eco and regular mode if you predict the traffic (as it seems you already do). Most losses occur with aggressive driving (hard on acceleration, hard on brakes), but if you predict the traffic (stop lights, what other drivers are about to do etc.) and don't carry lead in your boots, there won't be any difference in city driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts