Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
maybe a silly question - will new 4.0 battery fit R240 Zoe, 65 plate or there are other differences, not just the battery?
It's really a moot question, as baring a scrapper you are unlikely to get one. That being said the profiles are the same, the software may not be.

·
Registered
370 Posts
A friend has just bought what I think is a Zoe 22 R240. Can someone clarify a few things for me.
  1. What charge leads are normally included with this car.
  2. I'm assuming it uses a Type 2 charge point.
  3. What are the charge times likely to be on Type 2 charge point
  4. Is the Type 2 connector the only one on this model.
TIA

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
A friend has just bought what I think is a Zoe 22 R240. Can someone clarify a few things for me.
  1. What charge leads are normally included with this car
  2. I'm assuming it uses a Type 2 charge point.
  3. What are the charge times likely to be on Type 2 charge point
  4. Is the Type 2 connector the only one on this model.
TIA
1. Type 2 - 3 Phase 32amp Lead supplied so up to 22Kwh charging on a 32amp 3 phase post (And all speeds below that)

2. Yes

3. 4 to 4-5 hours from empty to full on a 7Kw Single Phase Post) 1 Hr 20Mins ish on a 22kw 3 Phase Type 2 Post)

4 Yes as it can charge at up to 22kwh (R Model) 43Kwh (Q Model) through the type 2 socket it does not need any other socket.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,265 Posts
IN addition to that: Time To Full is always shown in the dash when charging starts. There are also some tools ( :whistle: ) that do intermediate predictions (how many miles range in how many minutes).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thank you both for your posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Interested in a Zoe but even with that graphic I'm confused of the different models!

Which from that graphic would this 2016 Dynamique Nav be then? What would its range and charging times be and how is this different to a Dynamique Intens - I've seen a 2013/14/15 model so doesthe year make a difference too?

Vehicle View

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The Dynamique Nav has up to 22kW charging, the intens has up to 43kW charging. If you are not doing much long trips the R240 (22kw) should suit you, but if you need rapid charging often for longer trips look for a Q210 (43kW)

Range ~ 80 - 90 in summer (can do 100 with canny driving) and ~ 60 - 70 in depths of winter.

·
Registered
370 Posts
3. 4 to 4-5 hours from empty to full on a 7Kw Single Phase Post) 1 Hr 20Mins ish on a 22kw 3 Phase Type 2 Post)
Do these 3 phase Type 2 charge points exist on the Ecotricity points on Motorways or somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Do these 3 phase Type 2 charge points exist on the Ecotricity points on Motorways or somewhere else?
There are some on the motorways at a few ecotriity locations and elsewhere around the country

It depnds from site to site and if they decided to wire the charger to a 3 phase supply.

Most look no different to a normal 7kw post but are just wired as 3 phase a lot are not even marked as such. For example white rose shopping centre in Leeds just say 32amp on them, but they are 32amp 3 phase rather than single so 22kw great for Zoe’s

The ecotricity look like the one in the photo below and are positioned next to the rapids. Each has 2 22kw sockets and needs a free rfid card to activate it

8AFB7274-137C-4206-9DB2-E11FC397312B.jpeg

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Dynamique Nav has up to 22kW charging, the intens has up to 43kW charging. If you are not doing much long trips the R240 (22kw) should suit you, but if you need rapid charging often for longer trips look for a Q210 (43kW)

Range ~ 80 - 90 in summer (can do 100 with canny driving) and ~ 60 - 70 in depths of winter.
Thanks for this. So pairing your description with the models infographic from the thread, the Dynamique Nav has slower charge but slightly longer range than Dynamique Intens? Any other differences to consider between those 2 when buying second hand..I think I read intens has parking cameras?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Both Nav and intens have rear parking camera which I find very useful, when the ZE40 was released the camera became an option except in top of range Nav signature. Apparently it is also now standard in the new R110.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both Nav and intens have rear parking camera which I find very useful, when the ZE40 was released the camera became an option except in top of range Nav signature. Apparently it is also now standard in the new R110.
Good to know! So no other differences between the Dynamique Nav and Intens besides the range and charging speed mentioned then?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Apparently it is also now standard in the new R110.
If buying second hand the Nav R90 doesn't have a camera, but it is highly likely that many (like myself) have opted to pay the extra £250 to have them fitted.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If buying second hand the Nav R90 doesn't have a camera, but it is highly likely that many (like myself) have opted to pay the extra £250 to have them fitted.
Yeah' Q90s the same, I also paid the £250 extra for rear camera.

·
Registered
370 Posts
the graphic at the front of this thread has gone - whats happening to speakev.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am really happy with my Zoe Q90 with a bog 41 kW/h battery pack.
Sure, the maximum driving distance is slightly lower, but therefore I can charge on my way much more fast at the 43 KW charger, which gives me much more fast traveling.
Well, if you not traveling long distance and only going shopping now and then, so the slow charger with 22 kW is ok.
If you charging only at home, then slow charging is also ok, because you can't even charge with 22 kW at home.
But using the car not only as a city car and driving long distance, the 43 kw charger will boost your travel speed enormous.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts