Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the 2018 Q90 has a centre arm rest fitted as standard?

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I asked my Dealer (SMC Renault in Aldershot) if they could fit an armrest to the R90 I'm picking up on Wednesday he said they couldn't order them anymore and that they'd been discontinued due to obstructing the handbrake.

I'd take that with the usual info-from-a-car-salesman pinch of salt, but it at least sounds feasible.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
the 43 kw charger will boost your travel speed enormous.
Maybe, it depends on when and how long you charge for and cost vs. time.

To get benefit of Q charging, you need to be at low SOC. On a regular long-ish journey, we will stop after 100 miles to get free 22kW charging, so a Q would not benefit us on that journey. Also, we won't use Zoe for journeys over 200 miles, mainly because I don't find it that comfy for hours at the wheel. Finally, we will use a granny charger quite a bit at family and friends, which works even slower with Q.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've been looking at the Zoe specs over the years and I've got a headache. Why is it so difficult with the Zoe? Buying my Ioniq was a doddle compared to this.

Anyways. Looking at getting a pre-loved Zoe to replace our second car. I'm particularly looking at an early 2016 which I reckon would make it a ZOE 22 R240? No? The dealer is adamant that it's an 88bhp model which points towards the ZOE 40 Q90 QC which I 'think' didn't appear until late 2016.

What can I ask the dealer to give me confidence in knowing what I may be buying? All he's come back to me with so far is 'AG Variant AG VYBO'. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If it's a 2016 22kwh .88hp . Then it's the Q210. With the continental motor and rapid charging

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So why does the graphic (page one) show 89bhp? I was using the 88bhp as an indicator of the Q90.
I don’t think everything in the graphic is 100% it’s not an official graphic just something someone on here put together, and personally I think some of the info is rather dubious and I would not rely on it. Saying the early q and r motors are both 89hp is just plain wrong

The Q90 motor is the same as the one in the 22kw earlier cars so 88hp

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
It’s all just info I tried to scrape together when I was looking

It was all very confusing and I’m not saying it’s 100% - just what I could find at the time (and I looked hard)

It’s not a means of identifying models as dealers list them wrong and misquote data also - it was just to compare range really amongst the models

Good luck

JJ

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's really frustrating getting good information out of second-hand car dealers. They describe ZOEs with what amounts to the trim/equipment level rather than the more meaningful exact model name.

It’s rather akin to a dealer advertising an ICE without mentioning engine size and fuel type.

·
Premium Member
9,669 Posts
Renault don't help as there is no badge to tell the difference between a Q or R Zoe! There is at least a "40" badge and a small "i" one ;)

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,112 Posts
While I admit you'd have to have a picture of the bonnet opened, I don't really see the problem, TBH.
- difference between Q and R (which affects both the motor and the charger) is staring you in the face;
- difference between 22 and 41 kWh battery should be resolved with one look at the dash.

The mess in the average ICE is much bigger, IMHO. We all just need to come to terms with the new nomenclature.

Ignoring ignorant or plain lying dealers (which cannot be ignored of course!!!) for the moment, the biggest issue is the "i" or battery rental issue, as that is entirely administrative and cannot reliably be spotted from looking at the car.

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
Both Nav and intens have rear parking camera which I find very useful, when the ZE40 was released the camera became an option except in top of range Nav signature. Apparently it is also now standard in the new R110.
Well I have one - but I was lead to believe it didn't come as standard with the car. I am happy anyway as I had one on my old car and really didn't want to rely on just sensors.

·
R110 ZE40 Zircon Blue
2,147 Posts
Yes only difference is the battery which is Q90 41kWh Q210 22kWh

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

could someone explain to me what the 'I' in; I Dynamic Nav on a '65 plate Zoe means?

I thought it meant battery owned, but the car I'm looking at is on a battery lease AND has the i before the Dynamique Nav.

It's all very confusing!

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,674 Posts
Hi all,

could someone explain to me what the 'I' in; I Dynamic Nav on a '65 plate Zoe means?

I thought it meant battery owned, but the car I'm looking at is on a battery lease AND has the i before the Dynamique Nav.

It's all very confusing!
Probably the seller is describing it incorrectly as an i when in fact it is not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

It's all very confusing!

Well that is what I thought, but i did a check as always on Total car check and it gave me this:

Description : Renault Zoe Hatch 5Dr i Dynamique Nav 5dr 0.0 Elec 22kWh 88 Auto (2015-65)

It is definitely on a battery lease so god knows what that i means???....

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
24 Participants
Mo1
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing