Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I was wondering why my battery lease states that its a Q90 and my sticker on door pillar states that its a R110 ? The log book only says Dynamique nav. i believe the sticker and i assume that Q90 is the quick charge version and its doesnt charge especially quickly (on 43kw charger)

Does anybody know why there are differences.

Cheers

Caine

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,596 Posts
RCI can get these things wrong, as the battery is the same.

I suspect it’s an R110.

How long does it take to charge on a 43 kW charger?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant remember off hand but def more than an hour i tend to use free 11kw so when i do use a 22kw i am giddy with the charging speed lol. i have no home charger- it reminds of when i used to buy jap import Evo's and Scoobys the log book was never right then either.

·
Registered
Zelda - 2015 Renault Zoe Q210 (Dynamique Intens)
45 Posts
Have a look under the bonnet.

If it looks like the top picture, you've got 43 kW. Otherwise, you're capped at 22 kW.

The Continental (og) motor can use (and I'm probably going to get this wrong and embarrass myself here) the windings of the motor as part of the charging system, to enable the faster charging.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,563 Posts
The Continental (og) motor can use (and I'm probably going to get this wrong and embarrass myself here) the windings of the motor as part of the charging system, to enable the faster charging.
I believe that’s how the AC “chameleon” charger works on all Zoes but, as you say, only the car with the og motor supports 43kW. In my limited understanding of these things, I think using the motor coils as inductors for the charging circuit is how they managed to build a compact 22kW AC charger and is a patented design.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that.mine is definately the bottom photo without all the aluminium gubbins in the centre. When i send contract back to RCI i will see if they can change model in lease agreement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts