Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

I've now got 6 notifications built up on the (22 kwh) Zoe that I'm unable to clear.

They are all about subscriptions expiring soon, subscriptions expired with the latest one being an activation notification.

So apart from pulling the fuse, is there a way to clear these? I've tried clicking notifications and pressing clear, I've tried going into each one and clearing and still they haunt me.

I lived with 3 for a long time, but now it's doubled after my latest subscription expired, it's bugging me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

OMP

·
Registered
520 Posts
We lived with 8 or 9 notifications that we couldn't clear for ages; you could see the list, but pressing "Clear" on the list or on any individual notification just went back to the home screen and did nothing.

Then, in an attempt to get the charge scheduler working properly, it went to a dealers who reset the software and whatever magic they do which as a happy side effect resulted in the notifications behaving properly, but the online services (including both charge timers, not just the scheduler!) were thoroughly broken until more faffing by the Renault people got it working again.

From that I assume it's either a software bug or some kind of data corruption that needs a reset or something to sort it out.

Whether it's worth bugging a dealer, or whether they will actually do anything if you do, is up to you. It was definitely worth it for us to get the charge scheduler working, but I had always given the notifications a thorough ignoring up to that point.

·
ZOE Q210 Oct'13
566 Posts
With the car stationary, click on each message so that it shows the details, then delete it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
With the car stationary, click on each message so that it shows the details, then delete it.
If it's the same bug that we had, clicking on a message just bombs out to the home screen without showing you the message detail or giving you an option to delete it...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've tried that, both on individual messages and as a job lot.

The clear button just seems to take me back to the home screen, but the notifications are still there.

I'll mention it to the dealer next time I'm there, which will hopefully be soon as I'm awaiting the arrival of a new Zoe I can actually have a test drive in (y)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ours was like this until we had the software update last year, which seemed to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Think my wife's 64 plate is at top of the "how many notifications you can't clear" league with 30 :confused:

·
Registered
520 Posts
That is impressive, I thought our 9 - mostly from when I accidentally started the trial of Coyote (I still have no idea what it was) - was a lot...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The system has reset itself a few times and been done by me manually, but still they are there.

The only thing I haven't done is pull the fuse.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wow! Never had a problem with my 2018 ZE40 R90 - as soon as they pop up, I can clear them. I wonder if there was an update, but they left it to dealers to sort out pre-update cars?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Never been an issue in my 2017 Q90 either, it seems like if you don't delete them soon after appearing they become locked in and you cant delete.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts