Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
As good as official.... Is this the cheapest battery-in EV for sale in the UK now?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Renault website looks different to the last time I checked - there's no obvious link to battery lease, and although I can see a reference to a starting price of £13k, when you click on the link it shows it as £18k (though it's not clear if the PICG needs to come off that...)

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
Cool, I will go check out their website...!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I'd consider a Zoe at the end of my Leaf lease at that price. But the stories about customer service and general reliability on here have pretty much put me off the idea entirely.

The Leaf having a rival can only be a good thing though!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wow So I can go and part exchange my Zoe (battery not included) for a Zoe (battery included). Might get £5k allowance for my 18 month old Zoe:mad:

I'll give this one a miss and wait for the Tesla Model 3 to become available in 2017 maybe:cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
when you click on the link it shows it as £18k (though it's not clear if the PICG needs to come off that...)
I tried "configure a Zoe" on the website. £18,443 is MSRP on the road with VAT and battery rental. If you download the brochure, it shows the on the road price after PICG as £13,995 to £15,195.

With the higher base MSRP the i-Zoe will qualify for the maximum £5000 PICG grant.

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
The dealerships don't know the details, I struck up several conversations about this yesterday. However they seemed to be vaguely aware it was coming about. They do not know if they can do a deal yet, or even when they're going to be able to. They do not have a pricing structure or tariff yet either.

It's a bit of a non event. An anti-climax. So we can probably assume pricing akin to the Leaf as it's Zoe's sole rival in the present stage of EV development.

The iZoe? Sorry, but it just sounds too much like Jobberish' from Apple. Don't see any reason for a new name at all, but perhaps they can call the new package something new.
A new name is good, Leaf and Leaf Flex are very different products, I wish Autotrader etc recognised them as two different cars it would save people a lot of hassle while shopping!

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
They may have to give it a different trim name.

The PICG 25% off the basic on the road price of the car not including any optional extras up to £5000. Zoe Expression or any BEV with an basic on the road price below £20,000 doesn't reach the £5000 ceiling.

A batteries included Zoe Expression with a different name with a higher base price will be eligible for the entire £5000 grant.

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
Renault has already done this with the Kangoo Z.E. Until recently the batteries were a £5,000 option.

The PIVG is 20% off of the basic price up to £8,000. The basic price on the Van shells are between £17,089 and £19,599. That puts them well under the £8,000 ceiling. Customers buying the optional batteries weren't able to get a larger grant.

But now:

·
Super Moderator
11,954 Posts
Look at the deltas! Owning the battery just got much cheaper. On the Crew Van CAB Z.E. it is only £2209 to own the battery.

Commercial owners don't pay VAT on the battery hire and may still prefer to hire the battery and lease the shell. If you don't pay VAT, 3 years of battery hire is £2340.

·
Super Moderator
7,576 Posts
£2,329 extra to own the battery on the most basic version - bargain!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts