·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20200315_092444827.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes police in Italy use them (seen in Turin and Bologna)

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,107 Posts
2B47594A-3D9A-40CD-AC2B-D78410CF9FC8.jpeg

Saw this Leaf in East London. Think it was some type of ambulance. The local Fire Brigade use i3s and I also saw one being used by the Met the other day.

Reactions: Eclectic

·
3,107 Posts

Sorry forgot it's the Zoe forum ;)

Reactions: Harry_Zoe

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: E7EV

·
Registered
136 Posts
View attachment 128908
View attachment 128910
View attachment 128911
Saw this Leaf in East London. Think it was some type of ambulance. The local Fire Brigade use i3s and I also saw one being used by the Met the other day.
The managers use the Leafs to go to meetings and just general run around vehicles. They aren’t used for responding to calls.

I’ve seen a picture of a LAS i3 but I’ve never seen it at work. It has lights so could be used for responding. I don’t know if we were trialing them and decided against it or the trial is still ongoing. I found the picture online.

https://flic.kr/p/2g8JbSK
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,107 Posts
Of course not, they’d never keep up with the average speed of traffic in London of 12 mph. :p
But they accelerate very quickly up to 12mph ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Notice how all the i3's are REX as well :)
How can you tell? I was wondering whether they were fully electric or the REX.

I’m guessing the emergency services felt more comfortable with the extra ~60mi range.

I know the police use them to respond, I’ve seen them in action and the way they’re driven will reduce range significantly.

·
3,107 Posts
Oh, good shout, I’ve never been able to tell the difference but now you’ve said that I guess it should also have an exhaust.

I’d never thought of that question before. You prompted me to look back at the photos so we’ve both learnt something today. @Kingpleb1 already knew, so I’ve not included him in our EV School ;)

Reactions: Iceman10

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Ha ha i only picked it up from guess work a few years ago till i was working for the day at a BMW dealership and was spending time with a tech so asked him loads of Q's

·
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
The sewage treatment company in Frankfurt has a 22kWh Zoe, yaaay... (cough cough) Other institutions use mostly VW GTEs and BMW i3, because.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts