Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been looking at online insurance quotes for our new Zoe i Dynamique arriving in March, under Model it gives various options like Zoe i Dynamique R90 ZE40 2016> but it also has Zoe i Dynamique R110 ZE40 2018> there was also a R110 Signature option. Anyone know anything about a possible new model and are we likely to get one in March? Could this be the long awaited Android Auto model with a new motor?

Alan

·
Registered
67 Posts
Interesting, I took my R240 in for a flaking blue badge and the Renault guy mentioned that they’d done away with the blue highlights in the headlamps in the 'new one' I assumed at the time he was talking about the ZE40 but with hindsight they have the same headlamps.

Perhaps there is a refreshed model in the pipeline, although it seems early for a refresh?

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,131 Posts
Interesting, I took my R240 in for a flaking blue badge and the Renault guy mentioned that they’d done away with the blue highlights in the headlamps in the 'new one' I assumed at the time he was talking about the ZE40 but with hindsight they have the same headlamps.

Perhaps there is a refreshed model in the pipeline, although it seems early for a refresh?
I think he was just referring to the nose badge as they have been replacing them with silver for about 6 months now. Not heard anything about a 110 though. I wonder if that's the Sport model?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think he was just referring to the nose badge as they have been replacing them with silver for about 6 months now. Not heard anything about a 110 though. I wonder if that's the Sport model?
Nope, it was definitely the headlights as we were also talking about the blue nose.

He referred to a change with a new model and was pointing at the headlights.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Heated seats definatly and ACC I agree would be good things to have optional even on a £20,000+ vehicle... For £250 or even £400 it would be an option I'd tick as I really like it now I've got used to it in my diesel ice

·
Registered
97 Posts
I wouldn’t expect a huge update like a new battery as it is still called ZE40, if it was a bigger battery that would have changed.

CCS would be amazing but given my new Zoe is due in April it would also be a little gut wrenching.

That said I’m more than happy with what I’m getting and by the time we need to replace our other car hopefully a 60kwh+ battery version with CCS quick charge at 100Kw+ will be out so we have a long journey model but I suspect that’ll take another 18 months or so.

·
Registered
Zoe Q90
165 Posts
100kW CCS would make the ZE40 significantly better than the old Zoe for long journeys. As it stands the R90 can actually need more time charging than an old Q210 once you get to 200 miles. A Q90 only saves you one charge/half an hour compared to a Q210.

100kW charging (once available in this country) would make driving a ZE40 to the south coast a reasonable journey for us. A couple of 20 minute stops rather than two 45 minute breaks. So it wouldn't really be a compromise for any journey we'd make compared to a petrol car.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,493 Posts
Really? Zoe has been on sale since 2012, hardly had anything done to it.... darker plastics inside (with the lighter options dropped), a change to chrome badges. The R motor was the only significant update and that was 2 years ago, battery increase is a year ago now.

Perfect timing for a CCS equipped, 60kwh refresh.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Can't help but think that they should make a more powerful motor and limit the power output electronically. They can then offer sell a more powerful option if they subsequently change the battery to one that can cope with more current. Tesla do this, selling different power models which all have the same motors fitted.

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,131 Posts
Nope, it was definitely the headlights as we were also talking about the blue nose.

He referred to a change with a new model and was pointing at the headlights.
Yeah, headlights are still blue glass and the new cars have a silver badge. The cost of replacing the blue badge must have become too expensive (the blue peeled off on the early cars) and eventually, about 6 months ago, they started replacing the blue badge with the standard Renault silver one.

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
Funny how a guy dumping his wish list on his blog makes it somehow true ;) AFAIK CCS is scheduled for 2019, not this year.
Yes in French forums people are saying 2019 and that may be model launch rather than delivery. Some think cars won't arrive until 2020.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.