Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.
2018 Zoe in for 1st year service a month ago, I said 'exterior temp sensor has started showing wrong temp (15C instead of 5C)'
They said (Bristol St Derby) 'we have replaced sensor' - except sensor acts the same.... um?
Heating has always been a bit useless, usually turned up to max and, with A/C off, gives vague heat....
Now it has packed up altogether.
See screenshot below. Note outside temp is 6C today. Not 12 as the sensor is saying.
Question: If the compressor power is 200W and then nothing, when temp knob turned to max, does that mean the compressor is shot?
Booked into dealership 2 Dec but in the meantime I'm freezing!
(I tried the hairdryer trick, no luck)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No-one? OK.
Car has been with Renault 3 days now. They don't know whats wrong with it either... hm.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
If a replacement sensor is wrong still then I'd have to guess the wiring through the door mirror could be the culprit. That's happened before.

If the heated door mirrors have been in use is it possible that's why it's wrong? If they get stuck on then would they knacker the readings?

If you set it to pre heat does it heat normally or is it still poor?

·
Zoe Devotee
7,949 Posts
Pressure 2.9bar. Your out of gas, you have a leak somewhere!

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,266 Posts
With the compressor not running? I doubt it, unless the logic was changed. Earlier the compressor simply tried and made a rattling sound when out of gas. Also, with the compressor off, I think 2.9 bar is not too much off the bat, or am I wrong there?

If the compressor is seriously running, it should go up to 15 bar at least.

·
Registered
124 Posts
4 weeks mine has been in and it was only last week that they diagnosed the leak, awaiting parts apparently, Renault are a total joke, I don’t know why they want to pay enterprise so much money for me to sit in a crappy Corsa

·
Registered
124 Posts
Renualt seem totally incapable of fixing anything in under a month, 2 weeks sat around doing nothing, 2 weeks to diagnose, now an undetermined amount of time to get the parts needed to fix the stupid heating

1 - 8 of 8 Posts