Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does someone tried to retrofit tail lights from new Zoe2020 to old one 2012-2018? As form factor they looks the same, but will they work ?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,263 Posts
Looks like a straight swap. In fact the front end is a pretty much a straight swap if you can source new wings, bonnet, bumper and led lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the fitment should be the same, but wires and dynamic turn signal lights ? I have upgraded my BMW taillights to restyling version and to work properly , coding should be done. That's why i am asking here :) But thanks for reply..

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
678 Posts
Could you post a photo of the connector(s) to the tail lamp unit. The side panels come off with a few clips for access. I can do the same on my ZE50 for comparison. If they are the same then we can worry about coding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, i will try take a picture tomorrow, but i found a video about how to changing bulb in old zoe

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
678 Posts
Photos below of the connectors on the light cluster and wiring loom to it, the body behind the cluster, and the electronics units behind the left hand panel on the ZE50:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't have technical knowledge about the part, but I gather it should work. A well designed system would have the dynamic turn signal logic built in the tail light module software and it should activate/deactivate based on input from the main ECU.

But that's for a well designed system. There may also be protections in place from the manufacturer, so that if the software in the main ECU and the one in the taillight module don't speak the same language, it will not activate. Since the ZE50 seems to have, what I think to be, encryption on canBUS, the replacement may not actually work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts