Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Have you ordered a Zoe and have received it?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered "i Signature Nav R90 Z.E.40" on 28th April 2017.

Estimate was 10-12 weeks (7th - 21st July).

Since then I've seen:
Which seems like a lot of delays (and a lot of duplicate threads of waiting people with different reasons)..

Spoke to dealer today and they're saying new estimate is October.

Is everyone ordering them getting held up now? Are new orders not proceeding normally at the moment? Anyone ordered since 28th April receiving an R90?

Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ordered an i Dynamique Nav R90 on March 14th.
Estimate was 13 weeks i.e.13th June, then 16th now 20th June.
Have not had any notification of any delays, had to enquire!!
It is supposedly en route.

Don

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ordered on 4th Feb, car got to UK 7th April, then put on hold 3 days later. Should be collecting car today as it's at the dealer but there is an issue with a missing sticker for the tyre inflation kit. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just been told that my R90 (ordered 27th Jan) will be ready tomorrow. It's had the fix done at the dealer.
Unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until Friday, but I think I can wait a few extra days after all the practice !

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,882 Posts
This is nothing new. I ordered my R240 in October 2015 for 5 December 2015 delivery. It was on it's way from the 5th and finally arrived at the dealer's on 12 February 2016. I then couldn't take delivery because the gearbox parking brake needed to be exchanged (sound familiar?). When the parts arrived, the cradle to lower the motor had the wrong bolts and rather than waiting for France to get it's act together the dealer had them made locally. Finally took delivery on 6 March 2016. To be honest I'm not looking forward to ordering my next one in March 2018.

By the way, there is no difference between the R240's motor and the one in the R90:eek:

·
Registered
162 Posts
We ordered ours at the start of Feb, still waiting.... Were told the parking brake issue would be fixed last week but no news for last two weeks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine r90 end of march arrived today. No warning despite dealer keeping me regularly up to date. Seems like they are flying in as another zoe also arrived today.

·
Vendor
1,632 Posts
Spoke to dealer today and they're saying new estimate is October.
That seems a bit strange as there are Zoes that are available that are due to dock mid August in full flexibility. So in theory you can grab it and change it to a signature for it to arrive mid august.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your replies so far. Very helpful.

Interesting, it sounds like some are coming through.

I called Renault UK today to suggest there should be an online tracker for these sorts of things. He said it was a good idea and will raise with the web team (I really doubt I'm being particularly original or the first person to ask for this). He said you can ask your salesperson to ask the factory for a "schedule" every month or so and they can send it to your sales person who can just hit forward and send it to you. In there should be more details of the state of the order.

I explained I was aware of Zoe problems, he didn't deny that there were any and seemed aware of them (which I appreciated his honesty) and said if my estimate is October then it's probably not even been built yet.

Apparently Renault will also deliberately hold back on delivering Zoes until a few are ready to save on shipping costs and to ship them all in one batch rather than ship piecemeal. Presumably your car could be ready but they hold it back until there's a sizeable enough number to make it worthwhile.. which it sounds like has happened to some of the posters above as the most recent batch sounds like it's just landed.

Wonder if maybe Signature NAV has its own set of part problems (availability of leather?) which has skewed the estimates well into October? I note from the above that sometimes the estimates are a bit overly pessimistic and sometimes they have arrived earlier. I'm hoping I get mine round August or at worst September which would give them 1-2 months of delay time..

I note from MikeyPeach and Luca's responses the lead time seems to be about 5 months (putting me quite nicely in the September due date). From the CleanTechnica sales and registration stats they've sold 10,676 this year (5 months in) which 10,676 cars / 5 months means on average 2135.2 sales/deliveries/registrations a month. The registration stats for last month was 1,627 which means they're 508 down on a typical month. Total speculation but I'd say they're about half a month behind if we've seen them average 2135.2 a month before.

I'm also no car manufacturing expert but I'm surprised they haven't just built a load in standard colours (of which the Sig NAV would make the most sense in its exclusive colour) and kept a load ready for when people order (orders average around 2k a month, so it's unlikely the stock would sit around for long). It seems odd every Zoe is a factory order and I'm expecting the 41KWh to be around for quite a while, I can't see them bringing out another battery change this year.

The other thing I'm wondering is if R90 cars were delivered before the hold and they needed to fix some.. can early R90 owners be expecting a recall to fix the defective part? or was it more an assembly issue with the machines and not the part itself?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I waited 4 month for my Zoe, only to find out on the day I was meant to pick it up that they ordered and delivered the wrong color. When is black white? They managed to source a black one within a week though. That was in 2016, no other hiccups.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017
459 Posts
Thanks everyone for your replies so far. Very helpful.

He said you can ask your salesperson to ask the factory for a "schedule" every month or so and they can send it to your sales person who can just hit forward and send it to you. In there should be more details of the state of the order.
I can confirm this. Each time I ask I receive a form sent by Renault giving Factory order date (the slot for mine was booked by the dealer before I ordered the car), date 'Vehicle exited factory', date 'Vehicle arrived at import centre', date 'Vehicle in transit to dealer', and date 'Vehicle arrived at dealer'. The last two are still blank for me.

You should get your car faster if your dealer already has a manufacturing slot booked. Car details can be changed before 'manufacturing starts'.

My Zoe is stuck being prepared to ship to dealer. I'll post when it arrives.

·
Vendor
1,632 Posts
To put this tread to bed I just grabbed one of the Zoe's that is due to be coming through in August and modified it so that it was now a Zoe 'i' Signature Nav ZE 40 and it is due to leave the factory on the 1st August for delivery with the dealer first week in September. So if your dealer is telling you that it is going to be October they either do not know what they are doing or have not ordered the car!

The other thing I'm wondering is if R90 cars were delivered before the hold and they needed to fix some.. can early R90 owners be expecting a recall to fix the defective part? or was it more an assembly issue with the machines and not the part itself?
What will have happened is they will have identified an issue with a part that gets fit to the car, they then find the other cars that were fitted with parts from the same batch. All of these cars then get blocked and cannot be delivered until they are checked. If there were any delivered they send a list of VIN numbers to the dealers that delivered them and they contact the customers to bring them back in to have their car checked. I am unaware of any delivered vehicles that need to be checked.

your salesperson to ask the factory for a "schedule" every month or so and they can send it to your sales person who can just hit forward and send it to you
It is simpler than that, we simply log onto a web site and do a print screen!

The only issue with deliveries of the Zoe's is that it is selling so well across Europe they cannot make enough. I have heard that Renault France have done a rather large fleet order which took production from some other countries but I do not know exactly how true that is.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017
459 Posts
My Zoe is stuck being prepared to ship to dealer. I'll post when it arrives.
Just been informed that our Zoe is at the dealers and will be prepared for Monday. It is an i Dyn Nav ZE40 with the R90 motor.

We ordered it on 31st March, taking over a dealer order already placed on the factory and changing the spec to meet our needs. So about 3 months from order to delivery, which is shorter than the dealer thought would be achieved at the time.

Might even let ourselves get a little excited, now that we know it won't be October!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Ordered my Q90 May 10th, picked up today, dealer did say it was much quicker than they expected.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really think our dealer want us to cancel our order... they promised to update us weekly on the status of our car, and no news for over 3 weeks now. Hopefully no news is good news and it will just appear one day......:(. ordered 7th Feb! Will phone them tomorrow.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
I can't honestly understand the petulence of some buyers. "They said they'd phone weekly but haven't phoned for 3 weeks". So what do you do?

Personally if a dealer says they'll call me and they haven't by a time I deem reasonable I call them. Sometimes dealers can be busy, or they forget, or someone goes home unexpectantly. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I had Mackie Motors say they would call me before the end of the first day when my car was booked in. They didn't, so I gave them a couple of working hours on the second day and then I phoned them as I needed the car that evening. They were just about to call me as it happens, had they not been ready I'd have plainly said I need the courtesy car another day now as I am unable to now collect and you said you'd call me but didn't.

Its no rocket science to have good customer care I grant you, but its also not rocket science to be a good customer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I can't honestly understand the petulence of some buyers. "They said they'd phone weekly but haven't phoned for 3 weeks". So what do you do?

Personally if a dealer says they'll call me and they haven't by a time I deem reasonable I call them. Sometimes dealers can be busy, or they forget, or someone goes home unexpectantly. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

I had Mackie Motors say they would call me before the end of the first day when my car was booked in. They didn't, so I gave them a couple of working hours on the second day and then I phoned them as I needed the car that evening. They were just about to call me as it happens, had they not been ready I'd have plainly said I need the courtesy car another day now as I am unable to now collect and you said you'd call me but didn't.

Its no rocket science to have good customer care I grant you, but its also not rocket science to be a good customer.
Hi Sandy,

Calling people petulant when you don't know the circumstances is a bit strong?
We have been VERY patient with the dealer. I agree, sometimes people forget, and we have given them the benefit of the doubt more than once. We have had no support whatsoever from the dealer sales team, and the errors they have made make them look totally incompetent, compounded by not keeping us informed(to the point were we were told that delivery would take place in March, then that the car was on its way to the dealer, so sold our ICE car, to be told by the dealer when we phoned them to arrange collection that the Zoe they had 'ordered' for us had gone to be a demonstrator at another branch, with them having to order us a new car from the factory. They didn't think to phone us to let us know about that.)
If there was any other EV available with the range of the Z.E. 40, or the order time wasn't so long we would have cancelled our order months ago. This is the first new car we have ever bought, and I doubt we will ever buy another from Renault(certainly this dealer) after this.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,738 Posts
There is patience and then there is borderline lazy. Chase them up, its your right.

Sales staff generally are pretty clueless, most dealerships have a fairly high turnover of these clowns. It really is just the luck of the draw if you get the guy thats a good salesman and knows customer care and repeat custom are more important than making your numbers each month.

The guy that sold me my car was one of the former. He's not with the dealer now. My car (which was a demo car) was delayed by 2 days. He tried the usual (poor salesman) tactic of stalling rather than just owning up there was a problem. Had they notified me of the problem I wouldn't have sold my car the evening before pick up. So as they didn't notify me and tried a stalling tactic I took them to the cleaners over it. Got Renault CS involved as soon as their lie came to light. I got my car 1 day late in the end, the dealer had to take 2 wheels off the other newer demo (as my car had 2 punctures) and they scotch guarded my car all for free. Also worth noting i didn't go wading in demanding these things. All I said was I expected them to locate 2 tyres and that I'd expect something as compensation (I was expecting a courtesy car perhaps).

Don't rest on your laurels offering out wrongly placed patience. Get on the phone the moment you know they're dragging their heels and ask them for a status update.

Honestly, just cutting through all the crap and right out asking the question will get you more respect from the dealer.

I have worked in customer facing service for nearly 20 years. Never assume, always ask!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts