Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Advice I saw on making customer complaints is despite the temptation, to try not to highlight that nothing they can do will make you happy any more and you'd sell the car regardless, as that gives a company less motivation to help if they think there's no chance of getting you back in favour. Hopefully they are motivated still though as prospective buyers will be watching threads like this with interest.
One thing they could do is make me an offer I can't refuse on a new Z.E.50, that would totally restore my faith in Renault, but never with Brayleys.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
You don't need their permission to reject it. Take the spare keys in and give them a letter of rejection. But you will have to return the hire car as well.

You've had the car 5/6 months and it's been in repair for nearly 3 of those months. You've hardly had much use of it so they can really only charge you for a month's or two's worth of mileage. Plus they owe you for the fuel on the hire car while they've been dicking about.

I'd say paying back what you paid isn't unreasonable. Plus any time in repair doesn't count towards the easier rejection in the first 6 months period either.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You don't need their permission to reject it. Take the spare keys in and give them a letter of rejection. But you will have to return the hire car as well.

You've had the car 5/6 months and it's been in repair for nearly 3 of those months. You've hardly had much use of it so they can really only charge you for a month's or two's worth of mileage. Plus they owe you for the fuel on the hire car while they've been dicking about.

I'd say paying back what you paid isn't unreasonable. Plus any time in repair doesn't count towards the easier rejection in the first 6 months period either.
Just to clarify, this is a 2017 R90, I bought it 2nd hand from Westover Renault in Poole, not Brayleys Renault who are my nearest dealers.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Just to clarify, this is a 2017 R90, I bought it 2nd hand from Westover Renault in Poole, not Brayleys Renault who are my nearest dealers.
You'd still have to reject the car to the dealer you bought it from. It's whether legally you have to move the car to that dealer if it's broken and stranded at another dealer in another location or not. It's also whether they need a chance to fix it as well as the issue may be the local dealer is useless.

It's all a bit sticky.

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
I agree that you need to reject the car before your 6 months are up. You need to write to the supplying dealer stating you are rejecting it "under the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015" because it is "NOT of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and free from any defect." - you can then detail the issues and failed attempts at repair.

Based on legal opinion below you can tell them to collect the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well that is all flippin' fantastic. I've now got the same "Stop - Electric motor failure" message but it's flickering on and off without affecting the driveablilty. I have a 2015 Q210

My big problem is that is now outside of the manufactures original warranty, but I did take out the Renault extended warranty a few months ago. I've since found out that it's not actually a Renault warranty rather a Car Car Plan warranty (not mentioned on the Renault website) so I am in the mercy of their decisions. As it clearly states it cover the motor I just hope they are sensible as I like the car and don't want to have to play silly buggers for the next three months.
It goes in next Monday as that is the first time they have a courtesy car available.Chance of it being another Zoe is probably zero.
Oh well nothing to do now but see how good this extended warranty actually is.I am more than a little concerned,

·
Registered
319 Posts
My long and frustrating Z.E.40 R90 is at an end.....almost.
Thanks to the advice given here I managed to get the car rejected and it has gone back to the dealership I bought it from at the end of January.
Exactly 12 weeks to the day the original amount that I paid for it has just been deposited in my bank account.
All that remains now is for Renault UK to refund the £290.66 I have paid to fuel the Enterprise loan car that I took back this morning plus a goodwill gesture from Renault.
According to Enterprise, the loan car would have cost almost £2000.
My local dealership, Brayleys were dreadful and I will never darken there doors again.
Very little seemed to happen until I contacted the Renault UK MD.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,121 Posts
In the words of the dead parrot sketch "to get anything done in this country you have to complain til you're blue in the mouth"

Glad you got a resolution in the end. Expensive lesson for Renault on pushing some of their more dodgy dealers, if they have any sense they'll recoup the costs from Brayleys in exchange for letting them keep their franchise.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
if there's any weaselling by the warranty company then it makes keeping any Zoe out of warranty impractical if serious faults like this aren't fixed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
if there's any weaselling by the warranty company then it makes keeping any Zoe out of warranty impractical if serious faults like this aren't fixed.
The main problem was the totally useless dealership, but I would never keep or consider buying any EV out of warranty.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am totally gob smacked.
I rejected my 2017 Zoe R90 and it went back to Westover Renault in Poole, the dealership where I bought it from in January, they have fully refunded what I paid for the car.
Today I had a call from the sales manager at Westover as a follow up, he told me when they got it back the issue had not been fixed by Brayleys in Milton Keynes who had had the car for 12 weeks!
Westover put in in their workshop for 1 day and the car has now been fixed and road tested.

My conclusion is that Brayleys Renault in Milton Keynes is the worst dealership in the country!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I rejected my 2017 Zoe R90 and it went back to Westover Renault in Poole, the dealership where I bought it from in January, they have fully refunded what I paid for the car.
Today I had a call from the sales manager at Westover as a follow up, he told me when they got it back the issue had not been fixed by Brayleys in Milton Keynes who had had the car for 12 weeks!
Westover put in in their workshop for 1 day and the car has now been fixed and road tested.

My conclusion is that Brayleys Renault in Milton Keynes is the worst dealership in the country!
Jesus...thanks for documenting this (and glad you did get it resolved in the end!). I'll be going nowhere near Brayley's!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Jesus...thanks for documenting this (and glad you did get it resolved in the end!). I'll be going nowhere near Bradley's!
If anything I am now really more annoyed.
If the car had been fixed as quickly as Westover did it I would still have the car and not rejected it. In total contrast to Westover, Brayleys are totally incompetent and have no idea about customer service or communication.
Renault UK have offered me "goodwill" gesture, they will refund what I have paid for fossil fuel for the Enterprise loan car along with a £100 voucher towards a new Renault.

·
Registered
513 Posts

What did they say the issue was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Shame you didn't get it sent back to Westover originally. They would have fixed it straight away.

Worth putting in a complaint with Renault and telling them crap dealers will be ruining their already poor reputation!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Shame you didn't get it sent back to Westover originally. They would have fixed it straight away.

Worth putting in a complaint with Renault and telling them crap dealers will be ruining their already poor reputation!
Yes, hindsight is wonderful thing, it could probably been fixed by another local dealer, but at the time I didn't know what the fault was and I had no idea how bad Brayleys are.

I have already emailed Renault today and copied in Vincent Tourette, MD of Renault UK.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts