Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Zoe Roadside Assistance query

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Haggisman 
#1 ·
Hi. I am new to this forum and currently do not own an electric car, but I am interested in them and the Zoe appears to be the most suitable for my requirements. From reading these forums the two most common problems (as I see it) are: 1 - Stopping to charge on a long journey and finding the chargers are not working - you have a plan B but if these are the same and you cannot get to another charger with the remaining battery.
2 - You have a puncture but owing to its size the supplied sealant will not inflate the tyre.
Reading the small print on the Renault website both these instances appear to be excluded from the roadside assistance policy. Am I reading this correctly - if so this is enough to put me off buying one.
Thanks in advance for all replies.
Alan.

#2 ·
Download zap map and check the chargers on your route .. make sure that you have about 30 or 40 miles remaining range when you start looking for a charger, if the journey is longer than battery range.. that would be for the ze40 or ze50 ..

You are right about the puncture issue.. I believe it was covered on the older Zoe's when they were launched but it's not available now.. so I have cheapest RAC cover to come and deal with a puncture if the gunk won't fix it

#4 · (Edited)
#3 ·
2 - You have a puncture but owing to its size the supplied sealant will not inflate the tyre.
Reading the small print on the Renault website both these instances appear to be excluded from the roadside assistance policy. Am I reading this correctly - if so this is enough to put me off buying one.
The Zoe comes with TPMS.

So this notifies you of low pressure and you can get the gunk in before the tyre goes completely flat.

I’ve done it and it worked a treat.

#7 ·
👍 As confirmed by RZOC in my previous post.

#9 ·
I can speak from experience - 1 month old ZE 50 GT Line . Puncture in side wall, sealant did not work, ZE Assistance did not want to know. I had to limp to nearest Quickfit for a new tyre.
This is the first car ever that I have owned where punctures are not covered by roadside assistance, I was not impressed. No spare wheel so what are you expected to do? A big Zero for Renault Services!!!

#10 ·
This is worth a look.

#11 ·
I use Autoaid, £60 for full cover including at home and onward travel for both me and my partner in any vehicle (so either the Zoe or her 12 year old Fiesta). Significantly cheaper (e.g. at less than half) compared to what AA/RAC/Green Flag want for a similar policy.

The downside* is they don't have their own vans/infrastructure, so they outsource to local companies.

I've only had to use them once (for a flat in the Zoe) and they were with me in ~45 minutes (in a built up residential area, so not stuck at the side of the motorway).

* possibly an advantage actually - are these local companies more or less likely to be busy compared to the big names?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.