Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone suggested to get CanZe so I did to see what air con pressure measured. Weird as before Evans Halshaw had it for last service we had no issues. They had it sent it back no heating. They then said they fixed something on it and worked ok. I wonder if they realised there was a leak and just topped it up so it lasted a while.

Well CanZe says pressure is 0 so assume it needs a re-gas and see where we go from there.

The drop links are an easy fix, can pick them up for 18 quid a pair by a decent german make. We really like the Zoe but the heating not working an not knowing how big a money pit that will be. Outside wear on front tyres again. Renault paid for last lot due to some suspension thing they tried to pretend didn't affect tyres until told them a mechanic had mentioned it then they paid out.

Has anyone else ran the CanZe app and if so what does their air con pressure say?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Here's a screenshot from my previous ZE40

Screenshot_20181029-102746.png

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,694 Posts
Well CanZe says pressure is 0 so assume it needs a re-gas and see where we go from there.
Systems only need regassing because they have a leak, so they should find that first before blindly refilling.

Clearly. :)

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,509 Posts
@Mo1 's pressure is more than decent, and notice it's measured with the heating running hard. The pressure should be around 20-ish when running at fair power and slowly drop to 4-ish when the compressor is not running.

When empty, the compressor usually makes a different sound. Hard to describe in words, but most people would call it rattling. I can't describe the noise better than as if there is a loose chain inside.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Annoyingly I have just given my dongle to my son for his car so I can't check what pressure mine reads when off, could have sworn it read 9 when running though, probably wrong, might explain why it makes so much noise when starting though.
Now you have access to that info does the compressor RPM go up when you turn on heating or cooling?
I'd hope the system would be smart enough not to enable the pump if there is no pressure at all. It's how all ICE systems I've ever had to deal with work.

If you're going to change the drop links I'd recommend taking them both off at the same time and making sure the anti-roll bar is able to move. The bushes seem to want to grip the bar so excess force is then put in the drop links. I've never expected it to be a loose free moving part but not stupidly stiff either, a liberal dose of WD40 and working it in sorts them out for a while. My bushes have just started creaking again when going over speed humps, it's been 8 months since the last lube so I'll be out there at the weekend. I really should get the bushes off and put some proper grease on them but I can't get to the left hand one so WD40 is good enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone who posted. The gas has been re done. The valve had split it's O ring. It's working fine so far. The only thing is pressure not showing up on CanZe but can see pump in action. Fingers crossed that works for the next few years. So now drop links and new front tyres and hopefully we can keep it for a big longer. Says battery is 98% SOH so that is good.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
98% tells me it had a BMS update just before you picked it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts