Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
What is meant to be on the SD card as I don't have one but have plenty of blank sd cards is it possible to create one
or do i need to go pay Renault tax >?

·
Registered
Renault Zoé ZE50 (on order)
39 Posts
I read up on this by accident not realizing it only applied to older Zoes, but you should use a blank one anyway. No renault tax required.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
432 Posts
try downloading a thing called R-LINK – Explorer from the internet , you might be able to use a blank SD card that way. It formats the SD card to a format that can be read by the TomTom system, think it has to be formatted as EXFS or something

·
Zoe Devotee
9,061 Posts
There is a way to "make" a card, I originally posted a simple step by step guide, I was the first to create a virgin Rlink card, but pulled the guide due to misuse. However @yoh-there has a shorter guide based on the original. ;) That said you need the original SD if you want to copy over your maps, you can't hack the tomtom from any other SD card.

Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User

·
Registered
432 Posts
Am I allowed to post this link here of this seller on ebay selling the cards (OEM apparently) for 20 quid (feel free to remove admins if I am breaking any rules) - i bought one last year and its great , the whole of europe on it.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,061 Posts
Am I allowed to post this link here of this seller on ebay selling the cards (OEM apparently) for 20 quid (feel free to remove admins if I am breaking any rules) - i bought one last year and its great , the whole of europe on it.

These days that's a cheaper and better option. I had a suspicion they might not be OEM, but merely clones of OEM (which might be possible if you've got a new virgin card from Renault, another reason I pulled my guide, didn't fancy Renault coming after me as I'd made it possible for "undesirables" to clone their cards).

Reactions: Andy-Zoé-User

·
Registered
432 Posts
These days that's a cheaper and better option. I had a suspicion they might not be OEM, but merely clones of OEM (which might be possible if you've got a new virgin card from Renault, another reason I pulled my guide, didn't fancy Renault coming after me as I'd made it possible for "undesirables" to clone their cards).
yes you would have been classed as an accessory to the crime :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts