Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(R-Link in particular..any others considered!)What are they,and Are they being offered when there's a problem that needs a reinstall,or are they being rolled out at time of a service?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm having issues since my Zoe having an update at first service. Constantly the r-link crashes and the ZE app no longer gets regular data from the car 2-3 days at a time before it updates. It never remembers I last used the radio always going to USB. There's more niggles I hope Renault took note of my customer survey.

Great car, lousy software/r-link implementation.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
678 Posts
There's more niggles I hope Renault took note of my customer survey.
Dream on, I'm still waiting for fixes to niggles I reported a year ago. I thought that the 'house numbers over 100' when starting with a postcode would be an easy fix, but no attempt has been made as far as I can see.

I suspect that the original R-Link software writers have moved on, so nobody in-house understands it enough to fix it properly. The most recent firmware update sort of fixed the 'No Maps Found' issue by having the R-Link reboot in order to re-find the USB hub used by the SD card and USB. So now we have the occasional random reboot instead.

The firmware update also required a factory reset in order to restore the Aux input (the only way to turn off the audio). It took a long time (and some ingenuity) to restore my settings and apps after the reset. As you've mentioned above, it doesn't always remember which audio source it was on, so you sometimes get a blast of unexpected sound.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
(R-Link in particular..any others considered!)What are they,and Are they being offered when there's a problem that needs a reinstall,or are they being rolled out at time of a service?
Let's throw out some issues we're having with the R-link..I've been told my ZE services are operational..and yet I'm still getting "ZE services are not available in this country " on screen.I do use twitter to pass on the status of a public charger (Smartphone) when I attempt to use one,and the twitter App in the car won't work.I tried accessing the email app,and my email refused to work as the Zoe was bouncing it to France,and my email blocked the attempt as an intrusion! I get the occasional reboot for no apparent reason..any more?!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Update: my Zoe is in at the dealer next week to have a new telematics unit fitted as it is apparently at fault.
I had a fault with my telematics unit a couple of months ago. It stopped talking to Renault computers etc so I couldn't do delayed overnight charging and the phone app only gave me data from the time that the unit had died.

I took the car in to my local dealer, told them what I thought was wrong. The same day they called back to say I was right, new part ordered (5 day delivery), then a day to fit. I left the car with them since I had a holiday to go on.

Got home a 2 weeks later and all done. The only inconvenience was that I'd lost all my stored destinations on R-Link, as they'd helpfully updated all the software and firmware too.
My experience of Renault dealers so far is no different to any other dealer. In fact, maybe, just maybe. No, I won't tempt fate

·
Registered
327 Posts
Let's throw out some issues we're having with the R-link..I've been told my ZE services are operational..and yet I'm still getting "ZE services are not available in this country "
Same here. Any idea what it means? Is it something I need to talk to the dealer about?

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
678 Posts
A new R-Link update is available. It warns that it will reset the system and data may be lost, but it seems OK.

The only difference I’ve seen so far is that my emails are available again (lost in previous update).

Still no fix for house numbers over 100 when starting from a postcode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts