Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,

My recently purchased Zoe-i model has run out of its Renault extended warranty as it expired on 29th March 2019. I am looking into purchasing a third-party warranty (better than none for a peace of mind). Do you guys have any suggestions on which one works best and why? Or is the Zoe worthless to not have Renault warranty extended?

Kind regards.

FF1F14AC-8279-4F23-8CC5-504EDC794D4B.jpeg 6E17F6CB-F024-4163-97D9-D6C75D21594C.jpeg

·
Registered
14,906 Posts
Don’t you have to extend it before the original warranty ends?

If it’s working fine, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don’t you have to extend it before the original warranty ends?

If it’s working fine, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
I think what happened is the previous owner decided not to extend it for some reasons. Now i’m only resorted to third-party warranty but there are just too many of them. I’m not entirely sure which is good and which is not.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So are you saying Zoe without extended warranty is worthless?:eek:
No i am not saying that but i paid £20,000 for mine and hope to keep it a long time so for
me its peace of mine more than anything.

There's a lots of cars without warranty and there all worth something to someone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No i am not saying that but i paid £20,000 for mine and hope to keep it a long time so for
me its peace of mine more than anything.
Well, I guess that is not the case for me. Will need to look out for a third-party warranty although I know it has lesser covers than Renault counterpart.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
AutoExpress :
Car warranty advice: manufacturer warranty cover and extended warranties explained

AA and RAC provide warranty cover direct to buyers, and it can be tailored to suit any car, irrespective of age, mileage or condition. Of course, the older the car, the amount you pay is likely to rise, and what is covered is also likely to be limited to the major mechanical components.

AutoExpress Mention :
Warrantywise - The UKs Best Warranty Provider

Warrantywise Reviews :
Car Warranty | Used Car Warranty | Extended Car Warranties

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AutoExpress :
Car warranty advice: manufacturer warranty cover and extended warranties explained

AA and RAC provide warranty cover direct to buyers, and it can be tailored to suit any car, irrespective of age, mileage or condition. Of course, the older the car, the amount you pay is likely to rise, and what is covered is also likely to be limited to the major mechanical components.

AutoExpress Mention :
Warrantywise - The UKs Best Warranty Provider

Warrantywise Reviews :
Car Warranty | Used Car Warranty | Extended Car Warranties
That’s absolutely brilliant. I’ll have a look into them just now. Many thanks for your advice!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Is your Zoe a 2015? if so are you certain its a battery owned i? I thought they came out 2016

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is your Zoe a 2015? if so are you certain its a battery owned i? I thought they came out 2016
The battery-owned model was actually officially released in Nov 2015. I just phoned Renault RCI and they confirmed my Zoe is not on a battery lease. The customer service lady told me Renault released a very limited number of battery-owned Zoe prior to official release date. Also, as I replied to other comments, I did not sign on any paperwork at all for transfer of battery lease. I don't think there is any scam element in my purchase.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have no practical extended warranty experience for an EV, but do have for a standard ICE. On the three occasions I attempted a claim I was pointed to one or other term that meant I could not seek reimbursement.

Indeed, any battery was deemed a 'consumable' and not covered. Which is a downer for EV users who didn't spot it. As others have noted, you would have had some certainty with a Renault-branded warranty as they could not easily wriggle out of it in the same way a generic policy could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts