Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT Line
304 Posts
When I looked on CarWow this week it stated that, "This model is now discontinued" unless that refers to the new line up you referred to?
I think that’s likely the case- I’ve seen that message before, always close to quarterly updates. I don’t see it right now though, in fact I have several offers for the GT Line+

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT Line
304 Posts
Did they adjust their NCAP results also? Cutting prices to shore up sales isn't a good look.
I don’t believe prices have been cut, it’s just better specs
As for the NCAP results, I think there have been enough threads about those already… I’ll just say that the GT Line would definitely get at least a few stars

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
We should hear more about the 5 this year. Renault have been tweeting that 2022 is the 50th anniversary of the Renault 5.
All their press releases for the e5 mention 2024 to be fair
Possibly negative press for the Zoe NCAP results and the age of same may bring that forward, but I believe that the eMegane will be their main focus in 2022, only my opinion, you could well be right with the anniversary connection

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
4,231 Posts
All their press releases for the e5 mention 2024 to be fair
Possibly negative press for the Zoe NCAP results and the age of same may bring that forward, but I believe that the eMegane will be their main focus in 2022, only my opinion, you could well be right with the anniversary connection
I mentioned it because the image they've been tweeting shows the 5EV as well as the OG R5

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Well, it fits! Had a test in the local dealers Trophy demonstrator, and I have to say it's a very nice car (y)

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
The CAT looks cute but the boot is tiny and not great headroom in back. I struggle to know where it fits in EV market as overall size is similar to ID3!
Out of interest, where did you get the “not great headroom in back”, I watched a review where there was plenty

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
Out of interest, where did you get the “not great headroom in back”, I watched a review where there was plenty
A video review I watched a while ago and was a comment made - not sure which one. The roof does does slope a lot so makes sense it won't be great. This is CAT not MG of course.

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
A video review I watched a while ago and was a comment made - not sure which one. The roof does does slope a lot so makes sense it won't be great. This is CAT not MG of course.
Its just that Ive watched The Late Brake show review, and Johnnie is 6’3….loads of head room ??

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
Its just that Ive watched The Late Brake show review, and Johnnie is 6’3….loads of head room ??
In the back? The ORA CAT? No... It is a super mini competing with Zoe, Corsa, etc.

Below is review I watched and it really isn't a very practical car. The ID3 is a lot more practical and MG possibly more so? The Cat is probably great for a young couple with just a small dog :LOL:

Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Head restraint

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
In the back? The ORA CAT? No... It is a super mini competing with Zoe, Corsa, etc.

Below is review I watched and it really isn't a very practical car. The ID3 is a lot more practical and MG possibly more so? The Cat is probably great for a young couple with just a small dog :LOL:

View attachment 155642
Think your mistaken
8 inches longer than a Corsa
Taller than an id3

No matter, but watch Late Brake Show Ora Cat 1st review 👍👍

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Phew, only just. I am hopeless at reversing so wouldn't even have tried :LOL:
I was actually surprised that it went in as well as it it did, and that I could get out of the car OK. It looks and feels a much bigger car than the Zoe, but is not actually much wider, the specs say 103mm wider than the Zoe with mirrors extended.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

View attachment 155642
Tesla Bjorn has done his usual road tests on the Ora Cat 400 & 500 in Thailand.
Some very interesting observation & comments on this car.
Worth a view, if the car does interest you.
He was also investigating claims that one owner had managed to bring the car to a standstill on a very steep mountain road because the motor had become too hot to function !.
When the motor became to hot, it would not provide ANY Regen when going down hill either !.
He was ALSO able to replicate this situation.
Also did the same route in his new Tesla M3 and the MG ZS EV he previously owned, with no problems.
Both of these cars have liquid cooling of course.

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
Tesla Bjorn has done his usual road tests on the Ora Cat 400 & 500 in Thailand.
Some very interesting observation & comments on this car.
Worth a view, if the car does interest you.
He was also investigating claims that one owner had managed to bring the car to a standstill on a very steep mountain road because the motor had become too hot to function !.
When the motor became to hot, it would not provide ANY Regen when going down hill either !.
He was ALSO able to replicate this situation.
Also did the same route in his new Tesla M3 and the MG ZS EV he previously owned, with no problems.
Both of these cars have liquid cooling of course.
Not for us. I said a few posts back that we are looking for a car to replace the Zoe with a bigger boot, not a smaller one :LOL: The MG ZS is a possibility.

I am interested in how they will market the CAT - price, etc as I think the lower range one at below £20K could be a good option as a second car for lots of people. Maybe for those without kids the longer range could be a main car, but that market is probably less price sensitive and many will pay more for a brand, especially as PCP cost per month for a known brand (eg VW) won't be much more.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
9,400 Posts
I am interested in how they will market the CAT - price, etc as I think the lower range one at below £20K could be a good option as a second car for lots of people.
We'll be lucky if it comes in at less than £25k after grant. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
eNiro 4, Zoe 135 GT RC
490 Posts
I fear you may be right…but if its not £22k or less, they will have missed an opportunity

Im sure there will be an MG3 in BEV next year, and MG will under cut their own 5 and ZS won’t they
Interesting times

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
For the short range one? I suggest they will struggle to sell many if that is case as small cars such as Corsa-e aren't much more cash after discount and probably similar on PCP. Plenty of dealerships and known brand.

ORA really need to go for on-line sales at fixed price and perhaps include free servicing to entice buyers away from legacy brands with stupid high costs to "service" an EV over 3 years.

Edit - I see prices in Thailand are just under £22K for lower range version, so maybe £19,990 after current grant might be possible if they trimmed spec down a bit?

Reactions: dk6780

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
Think your mistaken
8 inches longer than a Corsa
Taller than an id3

No matter, but watch Late Brake Show Ora Cat 1st review 👍👍
Higher than ID3 presumably because like the Zoe, the batteries are stuffed under the car. And what is this "inches" you talk about :LOL: Anyway, I really can't be bothered to watch another review, watching one was plenty for me and the boot is still tiny...

Reactions: Cheshirecat
21 - 39 of 39 Posts