Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
˙ǝןƃƃnɹʇs ןןıɥuʍop ɐ sı ǝɟı˥
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an under seat subwoofer in their Zoe? I've not started to look to see what outputs are at the back of the in car stereo - assuming it has any or if they're readily accessible. Also what the ideal power takeoff points would be - back of the fuse box? and where to tap into the speakers if there are no RCA outputs to be had at the back of the head unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,438 Posts
There is very little space under the front seats. the might fit but to fit it you'd need to first remove the seat and refit.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Don't power it from the back of the fusebox.

These are power hungry and a little bit dirty too. You need to take a fused feed direct from the battery. The rest of the vehicles wiring is not designed to have additional loads placed on it.

The ignition switch signal can be taken from the fusebox. I suggest back of the cigarette lighter feed.

Chances are there is no dedicated sub output on the rlink unit. If this has high level inputs then the normal trick is to tap the rear door speaker wires in the b pillar.

Having said that. Having looked at ours i'm not convinced there is space under the drivers seat.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,727 Posts
Just for reference, I had a quick look (as in watching, not intending to buy :whistle: ) at the Bose subwoofer that is offered by Renault. It is bolted in the rear boot, a black rectangular box about 20 x 5 x 75 cm. IMHO it was quite intrusive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts