Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't see it mentioned elsewhere here but I was reading in an Italian newspaper that there is a Zoe van on the way: rear seats removed, 1000L space and 410k load, just over €27K. It would certainly be useful in all the proliferating restricted traffic zones in European cities.

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
I was sure I had read about a van version in Ireland a while ago but perhaps I was dreaming?

·
Registered
197 Posts
More images here:

There is a thread from 4 years ago here: Zoe Van.
I suspect that if a fleet customer wanted it, they were designed and ready to ship, but Renault thought the market was small so only advertised the Kango range. I'm also sure I remember hearing of a couple in RofI but can't now find a reference.
There used to be a few places where import charges were much smaller for vans, so lots of vehicles were shipped as Vans, then converted into normal 5 seaters after import. Don't know if that is still the case anywhere or the loophole has since been closed.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,021 Posts
You could convert one yourself. The back seat comes out easily. Then just put in a board to make a flat cargo floor. Add dark tinted film to the rear screen and rear passenger door windows. Finally install a dog guard to stop cargo coming into the front. 😉

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
They sold the "van" version off the Zoe in Europe when the 22kWh model was current. Literally the car with the rear seats removed and a sculpted load liner fitted.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts
Yes, but how many banana boxes could it take?
It might take quite a few boxes but I think Bjorn wouldn't be too positive about the car. The Zoe is very noisy with the parcel shelf out, when you fold down the seats even more so. Its that unfinished boot that's the issue. Ironically the Van version has the same full of holes rear panel as the car version. No finishing panel in place so lots of noise and lots of places to lose small items in your van, imagine the rattles after a few small items got in there.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,021 Posts
It might take quite a few boxes but I think Bjorn wouldn't be too positive about the car. The Zoe is very noisy with the parcel shelf out, when you fold down the seats even more so. Its that unfinished boot that's the issue. Ironically the Van version has the same full of holes rear panel as the car version. No finishing panel in place so lots of noise and lots of places to lose small items in your van, imagine the rattles after a few small items got in there.
He seems to be impressed by the quietness and refinement of the DS3 Crossback E-Tense. He did some car camping in it as well. Maybe PSA could make a van derivative of that.

·
Premium Member
11,054 Posts
He seems to be impressed by the quietness and refinement of the DS3 Crossback E-Tense. He did some car camping in it as well. Maybe PSA could make a van derivative of that.
WhatCar wasn't keen - style over substance. Not many cars only get 3 stars these days.

Reactions: E7EV
1 - 9 of 9 Posts