Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any problems or recommendations?
There's a TomTom feature on the r-link screen allegedly to guide you to a charging station near your current location..I have yet to get my system fully connected/operational,so have yet to get to grips with it,but at present it'll only show me previous charge locations and nothing in the area where I am at the time..do I need the full system active before being able to use this?
(Edit) or are there add on maps or POI data available to upgrade the system?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Not really - the data is so sadly deficient as to be a waste of space. There is no way for Renault EV users to 'pool' their collected data and share if with the wider community. A benefit however, is that as you've used the sites the mapping takes from your personal folder, it will be reasonably accurate.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really - the data is so sadly deficient as to be a waste of space. There is no way for Renault EV users to 'pool' their collected data and share if with the wider community. A benefit however, is that as you've used the sites the mapping takes from your personal folder, it will be reasonably accurate.
While good to know it can guide me back somewhere I've been already,the really helpful killer app function of a satnav is allowing you with some degree of confidence to get somewhere new..that's not what I have..My smartphone app (Next charge) is doing a better job at this time..

·
Registered
610 Posts
Agreed - I believe Renault's good intentions go waylaid somewhat - if it was just modded to allow Chargepoint sharing instead of the laudable roadway crowd sourced updates it would be considerably better... But it isn't.

In my local area, Plugshare has a better interface and mapping reliability, beating even the post suppliers for accuracy.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having an issue setting up the ZE connect App that lets you remotely monitor the charging..I put in the details on the car,got the confirmation email,but when I tried to log in,I got an "Incorrect user/password" error. I contacted the Live help team,and was told they'd reset the account,and let me start over..(within 48 hours..)

·
Registered
610 Posts
The passwords are not the same! This caught me out the first time. Your Renault user name and password is different for ZE services. I got round it by requesting a forgotten password reset and created one I did know! :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks like the reset took..I was told the services had all been activated,so the R-link menus are getting more colourful..Charging up after work last night I noticed I had email and twitter connectivity now..tried logging in to my email and got an error,then on getting home found they'd blocked the attempt as the ISP was showing as a location in France! EV Phone Home?! ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was having an issue setting up the ZE connect App that lets you remotely monitor the charging..I put in the details on the car,got the confirmation email,but when I tried to log in,I got an "Incorrect user/password" error. I contacted the Live help team,and was told they'd reset the account,and let me start over..(within 48 hours..)
Just got my ZE connect app up and running :) now to check it out on my next charge...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tried again with the email settings..things looked a little different in that it was giving me a couple of email providers..hotmail,gmail,etc...got a "Unable to connect" error..and then I thought I'd try for the ZE connect services.. "Not available in this country.." gah!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts