Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had issues with leaking door seals - had the car 2 days, heavy rain last night, opened door this morning and water has passed the driver and passenger door seals !!!!!! all door seals are wet but front doors have indication of water passing the seal.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,118 Posts
Yup at least a couple of members on here. A couple of members on one of the FB groups, but a lot of denial that its a problem.

·
Registered
457 Posts
My previous Zoe (22kWh) had minor issues with water, but I wouldn't put an exclamation mark. In very heavy rain, where you wouldn't be able to drive the car anyway because of reduced visibility, you are likely to have a few droplets of water forming on the interior seal, at driver head level. As far as my 4 year experience with the previous generation, this only happened maybe a few (3-4) times, but no droplet reached the seats or the interior door armrest.

With the new ZE50 I didn't encounter yet any water creeping in anywhere, nor did I pay that much attention to it...

If after a rain you have water on the armrest and/or the seat, that is indeed a huge issue and Renault should fix it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the first car I have ever owned that leaks - I don't believe any water passing a seal is acceptable, I live in the Lake District so its always wet here but I have never seen any weather where I could not drive a car.

Yes the water is on the armrest and the electric window switches. When driving in the rain I get drips on my hand and arm.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,118 Posts
There is a couple of posts with noticeably ingress into the footwells. There is a number of areas known to let water in in the Zoe.

1. Clean the drain pipes under the bonnet.
2. Clean leaves away from under the bonnet near the windscreen.
3. Make sure all the seals on the door and closing panel are pushed on properly and in good condition.
4. water getting in from under the battery (water collecting in the cavity under the drivers carpet) - less likely issue.

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
I have fond memories of the front screen leaking in my first Zoe because it hadn't been bonded in correctly.

My second Zoe had a pond in the footwell because the AC drain hose had come of.

Third Zoe is dry so far....

·
Registered
41 Posts
My ZE50's front doors leak when I'm driving in the rain. Dealer said they couldn't replicate it and told me to bring it back when it's raining :confused:

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,490 Posts
Yes, mine leaks. There is a join in the weld line at the A pillars that is misaligned. I am going to try putting some strips of plastic over it, to reduce the degree of discontinuity over that gap.

Pull off the upper seal around the A pillar, and you will see the problem.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,490 Posts
See here. Lower photo is the actual distortion on my seal if I push it firmly home, I am not making that up;-

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
166 Posts
Tried to get a photo but struggled to get one that shows what I'm seeing; the doors seem to sit quite "proud" on mine.
Enough that you can get your fingers in where it meets the roof.

Will have to find another ZE50 to compare...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was at dealers yesterday - tech agreed something was not right (lucky it was pouring down so he saw issue 1st hand) - booked in for full day next week so they can give it a good coat of looking at.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,118 Posts
Tried to get a photo but struggled to get one that shows what I'm seeing; the doors seem to sit quite "proud" on mine.
Enough that you can get your fingers in where it meets the roof.

Will have to find another ZE50 to compare...
I was called a troll on the Renault Zoe owners group (not RZOC) for posting this picture. It was posted publicly on plugshare as a checkin and I was shocked to see the closing gap on this door.

Honestly there appears to be major failings with assembly and quality control at Flins at the moment. Another gap big enough put your fingers in. I bet this owner notices road noise.

·
Registered
16,800 Posts
I was called a troll on the Renault Zoe owners group (not RZOC) for posting this picture. It was posted publicly on plugshare as a checkin and I was shocked to see the closing gap on this door.

Honestly there appears to be major failings with assembly and quality control at Flins at the moment. Another gap big enough put your fingers in. I bet this owner notices road noise.

View attachment 134735
That's just the rear door not shut properly.

Seriously, you do like to find problems were none exist.

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
166 Posts

View attachment 134735
On mine is the top, where it meets the roof, rather than the back/sides. I suspect it is normal looking at the bottom of the doors.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,841 Posts
Honestly there appears to be major failings with assembly and quality control at Flins at the moment.
Not a door gap issue, but my ZE50 had to have a new window regulator fitted to the driver's door this week (warranty repair).
As supplied, the window would roll down only around 5mm when the "down" button was pressed normally. Pressing "down" again rolled the window back up.
Kinda awkward when you're trying to take a ticket on the way into a multi-storey carpark!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts