Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had the Zoe for three weeks and the Lane Departure Warning is no longer working.

It is activated but stays grey in the instrument panel even when going over the 44mph mentioned in the settings.

It has been working fine up to now.

Interestingly the Speed Limit indicator is no longer displayed in the instrument panel either.... that was also working okay recently.

I thought it might be a camera issue but the speed limit indicator does change on the multimedia display map.

I have it booked in with my local dealer to have a look at, but I wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is speed limit coming from the maps rather than the camera? In my "inexpert" opinion like you said it sounds camera related.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is speed limit coming from the maps rather than the camera? In my "inexpert" opinion like you said it sounds camera related.
Yes.... the speed limit indicator changes in the map when going from, say, 30mph zone to a 40mph zone, but there is nothing in the instrument panel anymore.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've only noticed mine working on motorways and duel carriageway where there are really clear lines
I even tried a local dual carriageway way today, and no warning at all when crossing from one lane to another (I did the manoeuvre safely when no traffic in front or behind).

·
Registered
427 Posts
When they figure out what caused it can you let me know so I can reverse engineer the fix? 🤣

Always the first button I turn off after start up in any car I drive.
The second in an EV is VESS - In an ICE, it’s Auto Start-Stop.

·
Registered
138 Posts
When they figure out what caused it can you let me know so I can reverse engineer the fix? 🤣

Always the first button I turn off after start up in any car I drive.
The second in an EV is VESS - In an ICE, it’s Auto Start-Stop.
LOL, was coming on here to post "result", when I read the OP title.

Bloody hate it and the assist version, if you need it then IMHO you shouldn't be driving, just another safety feature which dumbs down driving and in fact makes people worse drivers.

Seriously though, with the lack of speed sign recognition (good feature by the way) too, it sounds like there is more of an issue and it's likely related.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Bloody hate it and the assist version, if you need it then IMHO you shouldn't be driving, just another safety feature which dumbs down driving and in fact makes people worse drivers.

Seriously though, with the lack of speed sign recognition (good feature by the way) too, it sounds like there is more of an issue and it's likely related.
Conversely, the only “driver-aid” I’d have actually liked to see on the Zoe is Adaptive Cruise Control.
So useful on long, boring motorway journeys and helps with more efficient driving. Surprised to hear back from Renault that it won’t even be an option when they sort the radar business out for the emergency braking.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I know what you mean about the system, I don’t generally use it but I am more concerned about speed sign recognition and the fact that both we’re working and now they are not.

Whether a system or option is used or not.....it should still be functioning.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know what you mean about the system, I don’t generally use it but I am more concerned about speed sign recognition and the fact that both we’re working and now they are not.

Whether a system or option is used or not.....it should still be functioning.
Check that it's not been switched off in the Easy Link, when we were originally playing with the features on the Clio when our first ones arrived, I just could't get the lane departure features to work, no matter how many times I pressed the physical button to the right of the steering wheel, it transpired that it hadn't been turned on in the Easy Link, you can also turn the speed sign recognition on and off through the Easy Link.

Also one other thing that we have come a cropper with is the "Users" in the Easy Link, if you change User it can knock certain features out which haven't been assigned to the different user.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check that it's not been switched off in the Easy Link, when we were originally playing with the features on the Clio when our first ones arrived, I just could't get the lane departure features to work, no matter how many times I pressed the physical button to the right of the steering wheel, it transpired that it hadn't been turned on in the Easy Link, you can also turn the speed sign recognition on and off through the Easy Link.

Also one other thing that we have come a cropper with is the "Users" in the Easy Link, if you change User it can knock certain features out which haven't been assigned to the different user.
Thanks for your feedback and input......much appreciated.

I have certainly looked at your suggestions and switched off and on all those options to see what would happen. Also checked the user profiles as well.

From watching the official Renault videos we are doing all the right things yet nothing is working. Given the fact it was all fine last week and we have the ”greyed out lane assist” icon, it points to a functional issue, most likely the camera.

Let‘s hope the dealer can fix it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Absolutely silly question (as I assume you've already checked, but I'm asking for safety). You've not accidentally caught the switch and turned it off ? - I just have to ask for safety.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely silly question (as I assume you've already checked, but I'm asking for safety). You've not accidentally caught the switch and turned it off ? - I just have to ask for safety.
Appreciate your input, but no, I have not turned it off.

The instrument panel display shows the lane assist icon but it is all grayed out....meaning that it is not functioning.

The speed limit indicator is not showing in the instrument panel display at all, despite being switched on in the multimedia panel.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Zoe dropped off to local Renault dealer this morning.

The technician thought he found the fault and did get it working very briefly but, unfortunately it faulted again.

It's now being escalated by the local dealer to Renault Technical.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,987 Posts
It won't be an accidental turning off.The Lane Departure Warning turns itself back on every time you start the car.
If it's not seeing speed limit signs either, then it sounds like a camera fault to me.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Day two and the Zoe is still at the dealers. Apparently Renault Technical have not responded to the dealer‘s request for assistance.

The most disappointing aspect of this is that I had to call the dealer this afternoon for an update rather than them giving me a courtesy call.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It’s an intrusive feature anyway, I found it pulling me towards the line from lane centre more often than not.

Zoe is a car you’re meant to drive and steer manually, the lane stuff is half baked.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It’s an intrusive feature anyway, I found it pulling me towards the line from lane centre more often than not.

Zoe is a car you’re meant to drive and steer manually, the lane stuff is half baked.
Agreed, but I do find the traffic speed recognition extremely helpful, being shown in the instrument display panel. And that is not working either.

And, anyway, whether we like a feature or not, it should not be faulty and needs fixing.

·
Registered
Leaf 40 and Zoe ZE50
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Zoe is back home now. Dealer called and, as suspected, the camera is faulty.

The dealer has ordered a replacement camera so it's booked back in for a couple of weeks time.

It would've been good to have had it fixed as we are off on our longest journey in an EV, on Friday. Bournemouth to Dundee.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts