Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Zoe = 2012 car with a mild refresh in 2019.

MG ZS = 2017 car, with the EV model in 2019.

Dials don't make it an old car, its just followed a different interior style path. I can see the dials in bright sunlight, not always something I could say in the Zoe.
Lol i never had issues in old Zoe, ZE50 or Tesla seeing the dash in any light...

The MG looks like a car from 1998, if what you are saying is true even for a 2017 car, dials with a tiny LCD were still a joke in 2017. The ICE MG ZS is a terrible Car, All MGs are Cheap, Cheerful, and a Chinese A to B wagon. I think you need to stop bashing other marques and realise you bought a value wagon, where as other EV manufacturers have all gone more premium.

We used to have a 2009 Grand Scenic, no dials there.... in fact you might recognise the dashboard from that as they recycled it for the Zoe.

Renault are cheap and french, but in 2020 they have really grown up to more premium look across the range.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
Renault are cheap and french, but in 2020 they have really grown up to more premium look across the rang
In a quieter moment, I may take the doors apart and stick acoustic foam inside them. Make the door close sound like a Bentayga. ;)

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
I think you need to stop bashing other marques

To be fair I was asking questions of the Zoe in previous pages. I didn't turn it into a marque bashing session, that was all a Zoe owner. And then you waded in to bash! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Zoe = 2012 car with a mild refresh in 2019.

MG ZS = 2017 car, with the EV model in 2019.

Dials don't make it an old car, its just followed a different interior style path. I can see the dials in bright sunlight, not always something I could say in the Zoe.
Have I missed something here. Why is everyone comparing a Zoe to a ZS? They’re completely different cars!

·
Registered
229 Posts
One is cheaper than the other.

Next week, we argue that the Smart EV is better value than the MG.
😂 But one is better then the other 😉 I always say you get what you pay for. Especially with food shopping, even if a bit unrelated to cars!

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
176 Posts
Used the inbuilt sat-nav today for the first time (instead of Google Maps).

Astonished that - unless I'm doing it wrong - it doesn't tell you the predicted range/ SoC at destination. It does come up with a 'low battery' symbol if your route is a little overambitious, but I'm not sure what the criteria are for triggering. It certainly doesn't seem to recalculate this en-route.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,859 Posts
Glanced at the satnav on my Zoe the other day, and was surprised to see that it not only shows fixed speed camera locations, it also shows the local average speed camera masts. 😯

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bowled over by how good this car is. I wonder if Renault have fixed quite a lot since first release. I haven't had the issues encountered by others. Lane keeping, app etc all working really well.

Really surprised by how good it is to drive on motorways. And range is more than adequate. Drove the length of central belt in Scotland (76 miles on this occasion) on M77 and M8 at about 11 degrees C and only used 39% of battery.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The one thing I can’t seem to find is the energy information screen showing consumption info as shown on page 6.36 in the manual. Can anyone else find it? PS. screens a not really set to they side! 🤗

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,688 Posts
The one thing I can’t seem to find is the energy information screen showing consumption info as shown on page 6.36 in the manual. Can anyone else find it? PS. screens a not really set to they side! 🤗 View attachment 134617
Only found that info in dashboard

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is there any way to unlock the charging cable from the fob? I've tried a double-press and also holding it down but only the button in the car seems to work.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
Is there any way to unlock the charging cable from the fob? I've tried a double-press and also holding it down but only the button in the car seems to work.
Unfortunately not, in Renaults infinite wisdom they deleted that feature for the ZE50. You have to press the button in the car now.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
I seem to remember that it unlocks if the car has stopped charging. Not near the car at the moment to test unfortunately.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yup, press the unlock button twice and you'll be able to remove it. I think it's only for a short period though, then it'll lock again.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts