Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst generally loving the car; a bit disappointed with the "quality" of the boot.

The material liner barely seems to fit and the part backing on to the bumper is borderline dangerous; virtually bare metal and exposed holes.
I can only assume it's like that to encourage people to buy the boot floor doobrie?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,840 Posts
It’s always been like that since the first Zoe.

I tend to put a wrap in the exposed metal to protect it from scratching.

Other than that it’s just a boot. :)

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Annoyingly we had a load of thin polystyrene, that would have been ideal for covering that whole part, that I threw away last week. Typical...

·
Registered
503 Posts
It’s always been like that since the first Zoe.

Other than that it’s just a boot. :)
Can you expand on this? I have a foldable bike that scratched the boot of Zoe 1 so badly... I wasn't charged by Renault for it when returning the car, bit I was cringing seeing it. I don't want to already the 2nd Zoe scratched. Do you have some pics or ideas how to go about it? I'm afraid of covering those holes, arent those connected to the battery air vents?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,840 Posts
I just used a vinyl wrap (carbon fibre effect).

It's a pain as the top shape of the metal is a weird shape so you need to use a hair dryer. I didn't bother covering the bit with the open holes, but you could and then cut out where the holes are I suppose?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Both of our Zoe’s have had the boot liner, which helps a bit as it has a lip around the edge. On our ZE50, we’ve opted for the bumper protection strip to help reduce loading scratches, @evescu you might think it worth a look?

·
Registered
503 Posts
thanks all for the suggestions!

I have the boot liner, great indeed, but still the interior paint gets scratched. I have not been able in 4 years to scratch the boot sill on the previous Zoe, when putting in the bicycle.

Anyhow, looking at the double boot floor compartment, it seems that those holes there are for weight and cost savings, so I guess a DIY approach would be acceptable to cover them and protect the pain on the inside.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I assumed the holes were a bit of French functionality - So, a bit like one can take the seats out of a 2CV if one is having a picnic, if a friend rocks up to your al-fresco luncheon in a Zoe, the boot has a built in fromage grater.....No?🤔

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,840 Posts
I assumed the holes were a bit of French functionality - So, a bit like one can take the seats out of a 2CV if one is having a picnic, if a friend rocks up to your al-fresco luncheon in a Zoe, the boot has a built in fromage grater.....No?🤔
Too big for cheese - and who grates Camembert anyway?

They are clearly baguette holders. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
True. After seeing this whenever I think of French cars, I always think of the “Big Cheeses” at Peugeot

·
Zoe Devotee
9,264 Posts
On my Zoe it was one of the most scratched parts that unfinished interior panel. A thin bit of plastic cover was all it needed. Smacked of scrimping on the Mk1, no excuse on the latest model, especially at the price they now charge.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts