Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a new cable from EV Onestop today, plan being to use one locked up permanently on the wallpoint and keep the other in the car for public charging.

What surprised me is the official cable length turns out be nearer 7m, and it is significantly more chunky and weighty, to the point of being unwieldy.
Plan was for the new cable to be permanent, and keep official cable in the car.
Thinking now to keep new cable in the car... would rather wrestle with that when out and about.

·
Registered
Renault ZOE R135 ZE50 GTLine July 2020 (Sold: R90 ZE40 i Dynamic Nav June 2017)
672 Posts
The cable that comes with the Zoe is 3 phase to support 22kW charging. The one you have bought to use with your 7kW wallpoint at home only needs to be single phase, which means it is thinner, lighter and cheaper. Don't take it on the road with you or you will only get 7kW charging at 22kW public charge points.

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cable that comes with the Zoe is 3 phase to support 22kW charging. The one you have bought to use with your 7kW wallpoint at home only needs to be single phase, which means it is thinner, lighter and cheaper. Don't take it on the road with you or you will only get 7kW charging at 22kW public charge points.
Gah! And I thought I'd checked... you're quite right, it's a 7kW cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would suggest keeping the orginal cable in the car, and use the one you have purchased as frequently as possble. I have heard some stories that people have been charged fortunes if the car is not returned with the orginal cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts