Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Is it that same annoying for you light assist? High beam actually. When high been is activating automatically and I want to change it to lowbeam light manualy need to scroll left knob from auto to low beam/positioning figure. In every other Renault's you can push left lever forward and high beam is deactivating.
It's so much annoying and after that you move to manualy and next day you have to remember to change it back to auto to drive in day lights. Really don't understand why Zoe hasn't that usefull funcion.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Zoe's stalks I think don't come from the same Bosch catalogue as the other Renault models, I have a vague feeling it's from Magna, so the operation is slightly different.

Pushing the stalk away will keep the high beam in ON position; pulling it back, the high beam will go in OFF position. Pulling the stalk from neutral position will turn on the high beam while the stalk is being pulled. This means that if you want to exit auto high beam you need to pull the stalk, instead of pushing it. Give it a try and let me know if it works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It isn't. When high been is on (lighting at the moment) and if I pull the lever to me the high been still on. The manual says there is only one way to deactivate high been assist by twist knob from auto to low beam/positioning lights.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hang on, I believe we are referring to two different situations.

Your point (the one I misunderstood): can I have auto lights without auto-high beam? Answer: no, this is not possible, you have to use manual low beam. I asked Renault this exact same question; maybe if you ask as well, they'll have two tickets with the same request :D

My point: when travelling at night and the high-beam engages automatically, you can temporarily deactivate it by pulling the stalk and then letting it go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's correct: in 'auto' can't get only low been: Low beam and high been is enageged/stand by.
But I can't temporarily deactivate high been when it's came on automatically and light, I am sure. That's the point.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I must admit I never use auto lights or wipers, I just can't be a***d with them mucking about!

I've managed for the last 50 years to work the lights and wipers for myself in every car I've driven, so I'll stick with the tried and tested method! 😁

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just happen to have been able to run the test today, in an underground and pretty dark carpark. I set the lights to auto, started the ignition, high-beam came on as expected, pulled the stalk towards me and the high-beam switched off as expected.

I must admit I never use auto lights or wipers, I just can't be a***d with them mucking about!

I've managed for the last 50 years to work the lights and wipers for myself in every car I've driven, so I'll stick with the tried and tested method! 😁
Good point. I keep the lights always on these days, LEDs consume far less and there are no bulbs to burn. But it is often scary when you see cars in the darkness of 10pm without any lights on... and it happens a bit too often in my sad part of the world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true, but I described other situstion: you drive 90 km/h, high been came on, and then you want to switch it off temporarily. Pulled stalk forward nothing change in that moment.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm risking saying it, but I think there's maybe an issue with the car itself? With mine, when using auto-lights, if the high-beam is automatically engaged, once I pull the stalk it will turn off the high-beam, consistently.

Is your car activated for software updates? Try to run an update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts