1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the manual;
“Programme” activation
The function is triggered two hours prior to the programmed time in order to reach a comfortable temperature, if:
– the vehicle is connected to the electrical supply;
– the bonnet is closed;
– the traction battery charge level is over 20%;
– the doors are closed and locked;
– the engine is stopped.
From what I can gather that is a change from previous Zoes in that they didn't need to be connected, just over a certain charge level?

If so, how does that work if you're using a scheduled charge? I.e. allow charge from 00:00 to 05:00, pre-condition by 07:00.
Will it detect it is connected, albeit not charging, and activate the pre-conditioning?

·
Registered
310 Posts
From what I can gather that is a change from previous Zoes in that they didn't need to be connected, just over a certain charge level?
Pre-conditioning definitely works whilst not plugged in on both my R240 and my mum's R90. On ours I've only ever started it with the key fob, and the car has never been plugged in, as when it's plugged in it is in the garage so pre-conditioning is not needed.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
27 Posts
My experience: If the car is plugged in but not charging, charging is also automatically activated (programmed) when programming AC / heating.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Paging @evescu. Mr @evescu to the white courtesy phone please.
Yeah, uhmm... well... ah... err.. I uhmm... please contact supp...

I didn't figure it out yet, to be honest, because I cannot charge at home and I don't normally use preconditioning. I wasn't able to trigger the preconditioning from within the car, nor by setting a specific time to leave, but I will run some tests.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think if you watch Bjorns video on the ZE50 1000km challenge he figures a way to set precondition from the cabin so it keeps the heating running while charging, not sure if that is any use to you. My ZE40 R110 preconditions every day from the App whether plugged in or not, if I set the comfort timer and its plugged in it even preheats the battery as well!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Does preconditioning warm/cool the battery to its optimal temperature range, too?
No, preconditioning is only for the cabin. Zoe's battery has only active air cooling.

I think if you watch Bjorns video on the ZE50 1000km challenge he figures a way to set precondition from the cabin so it keeps the heating running while charging, not sure if that is any use to you.
Yup, exactly :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Not much I can confirm, other than... I cannot make the preconditioning start at all if there's no cable plugged in.

However, yesterday it did an update, no information provided on the contents, I will try again today.

I think the software, overall, is not there yet... feels disappointing that bits and pieces are missing.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Uhm... a new icon appeared in the app, but seems to not be working. You can tap it and it will change the text in the, but nothing happening in the car:

BEFORE:

and AFTER:

Theoretically, it seems one should be able to start preconditioning with a tap on the blue aircon icon (lasts for 5 minutes and seems there's not 20 minute waiting period between preconditioning sessions), the app does say "data sent to car", but the car is blissfully unaware of it, regardless of whether there's a cable connected or whether the car is on or off.

So... preconditioning doesn't work*

* I don't leave at the same time every day, in fact I don't know when I'm in the car during the day, so I can't plan the preconditioning "at least 2 hours ahead". Oh, the joys of being jobless!

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
I can’t get preconditioning to work either.

Maybe it will get fixed in the new app update?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I sure hope so! I will contact Monday Renault Germany with a list of issues related to the app (since I have free time, I'll do some QA for them); seems most of my feedback reaches level 2 support, which makes me think that they're listening.

·
Registered
16,766 Posts
No remote precondition unplugged would be a serious annoyance. Hope they sort it.
I agree, however the documentation for it seems to say that the car needs to be plugged in.

Of course this could be for timed pre-conditioning, not on-demand preconditioning from the app.

Ever the optimist. :)

·
Registered
Ioniq
663 Posts
It's a good job your can still do it from the key, oh wait...

It seems a pretty colossal cock up that you can't start it from the app when that is now the only way to do it!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,404 Posts
Really? No remote heating unplugged? Sigh .... Like the Soul then .. rubbish programming.

Cock up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts