Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZS is a month old, about 1700 miles. It's always had an irritating rattle coming from inside the dash in front of driver. Or so I thought until now...
It's actually coming from the rear view mirror. I was on a rough surface and touched the rear of the mirror and the rattle stopped immediately. It's definitely in the mirror. Makes no difference whether it flicked up or down.
The noise bounces back from the windscreen and so it sounds as if its coming from inside the dash.
Has anyone else heard this?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
Not had this but great you've tracked it down. Dealer should be able to investigate and fix easily enough. You've not had a dashcam fitted have you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not had this but great you've tracked it down. Dealer should be able to investigate and fix easily enough. You've not had a dashcam fitted have you?

Yes, this very morning. We had the NextBase fitted. At the dealership. I went to Halfords and after an hour the guy said he couldn't find a fuse that would serve. So it cost 100.08 pounds at MG Kidderminster.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,392 Posts
Yes, this very morning. We had the NextBase fitted. At the dealership. I went to Halfords and after an hour the guy said he couldn't find a fuse that would serve. So it cost 100.08 pounds at MG Kidderminster.
Halfords, your first mistake. I mean the fuse box is literally full of fuses, but Halfords can't find a switched live and a permanent live. shakes head. I'd put money on them having damaged at least one clip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Halfords, your first mistake. I mean the fuse box is literally full of fuses, but Halfords can't find a switched live and a permanent live. shakes head. I'd put money on them having damaged at least one clip.
That sounds about right. At least its up and working now. They did a neat job.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My ZS is a month old, about 1700 miles. It's always had an irritating rattle coming from inside the dash in front of driver. Or so I thought until now...
It's actually coming from the rear view mirror. I was on a rough surface and touched the rear of the mirror and the rattle stopped immediately. It's definitely in the mirror. Makes no difference whether it flicked up or down.
The noise bounces back from the windscreen and so it sounds as if its coming from inside the dash.
Has anyone else heard this?
I had the same rattle coming from my car last year.
Both myself and the wife trying our best to lock it down.
Travelling over a road with a rough broken surface was really annoying !.
We where both convinced the rattle was coming from each others side of the dash panel.
Then one day, while travelling along my wife ( passenger ) reached up and pressed on the white trim piece that houses the interior light and sun roof control.
As see applied pressure with two fingers, the rattle stopped, when see released the pressure, it returned straight away - Bingo, found it.
When we returned home, I removed the interior light assembly and the sun roof control & trim.
Then used the car for a week in this condition, to ensure the rattle was in the items I had removed, no rattle present !.
I purchased some "Silent" sticky backed soft felt tape and cut it into long thin strips.
Applied the tape to the mating surfaces of the sun roof control and refitted to the car.
Again - Another week of use and no rattle present.
I then did the same thing with the interior light assembly and refitted that.
That was over 12 months ago, the rattle has not returned.
Your rattle maybe coming from the same place, give the area a press the next time you hear the rattle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts