Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 BMW 330E Msport (returned) MG ZS EV currently
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
long time lurker and firstly thanks so much for all the amazing info and advice that I've found on this forum.
Currently driving a BMW 330e as a company car but I'm leaving the company at the end of the month so needed to get myself a car.
I'd initially looked at Zoe then realised I could do with something a bit bigger. I did toy with the idea of a Kona or e-Nero but the difference in price compared to what I am paying (and that most of my driving is within 20 miles of home apart from the odd long drive) it really wasn't worth it for me.
Anyway - with the impending lockdown I decided to get myself a test drive for earlier today. And guess what, I loved it and have placed an order.
My Red ZS EV Exclusive is now ordered and has an expected date of 30th November, coinciding with the date my Company car will return.

I struggled to decide on colour to be honest but paid the extra £150 over the cost of Black/Pimlico Blue (SWMBO ruled out white) as the blue was paler in the flesh than it looks online and in the brochure and i have struggled to keep previous black cars clean....
Already have a Chargemaster 7kw point at home that my company paid to install when I ordered the BMW (happy days!)

Very excited!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well you’ll love it. I came to exactly the same conclusion that the Kona and E Niro price difference was not worth the extra convenience on just a few occasions each year. Those of us who took the early cars have had a few teething problems. Provided you have all the software up to date, and you should, the gripe of timed charging should be fixed. I had a charging failure and got updated software installed under warranty which appears to have fixed my problem with the Rolec. Just waiting for the app people to switch off the trickle charge fix.
Oh and I waxed my white one and it keeps fairly clean. It is a surprisingly small car to clean, though a step ladder is needed to reach the glass roof!

·
Registered
2018 BMW 330E Msport (returned) MG ZS EV currently
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you’ll love it. I came to exactly the same conclusion that the Kona and E Niro price difference was not worth the extra convenience on just a few occasions each year. Those of us who took the early cars have had a few teething problems. Provided you have all the software up to date, and you should, the gripe of timed charging should be fixed. I had a charging failure and got updated software installed under warranty which appears to have fixed my problem with the Rolec. Just waiting for the app people to switch off the trickle charge fix.
Oh and I waxed my white one and it keeps fairly clean. It is a surprisingly small car to clean, though a step ladder is needed to reach the glass roof!
I really like the white to be honest, but the missus has never forgiven me since I went shopping for a car a good few years ago with the words “don’t get a white car” and I came back with an off white Vauxhall Belmont 😂

·
Registered
217 Posts
I really like the white to be honest, but the missus has never forgiven me since I went shopping for a car a good few years ago with the words “don’t get a white car” and I came back with an off white Vauxhall Belmont 😂
I suspect that it was a Belmont was more of a problem? I don’t think there were too many around!

·
Registered
83 Posts
All the updates should be installed from new. That makes it a pretty solid and easy to live with car.
Re your rolec ‘trickle’ - EV.energy switched it off for me in minutes after I contracted them.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,637 Posts
i have struggled to keep previous black cars clean....
Also I find black cars frightening to drive in the dark. We have poor lighting coming off our estate and hard a very close call in our black Mitsu Mirage.

Reactions: Dossdes
1 - 7 of 7 Posts