Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ZS EV winter wheels

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  robby 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I’ve just uploaded another video, this one being about winter wheels & it also includes a demo drive :D

Reactions: Bombuzal
#2 ·
One of the tyre review YouTube channels did a comparison of a car with four wheel drive on ordinary tyres vs a similar car with only two wheel drive on winter tyres.
2wd/winter was far far superior to 4wd/ordinary.

#7 ·
This video is very interesting because it shows that summer tyre performance drops off badly at about 7C.
Also, it shows an amazing indoor test track where you can drive on snow in the middle of winter!

It's convinced me that if I lived in Scotland, all-season tyres or a set of winter wheels/tyres are essential.

#8 ·
I understand very well the amazing benefits of winter tyres on any ice/snow conditions. On first moving to Norway my regular UK tyres soon became a death trap. Here, proper 'vinterdekk' are obligatory from 1st Nov out to just after Easter. Even longer up north! Lots of 'Best I Test' trials every year from motor mag's etc.
A relation in UK purchased a set for use there. Very impresssed... But was still stuck behind snow, skidding or 'sideways driving' queue's of traffic in town or city on some occasions. Also they're more expensive in UK and not so grippy in wet or dry conditions. I believe they are a softer different compound of rubber that wear faster in those conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.