Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Nissan Connect

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  farmergiles 
With my E+, I thought I had to use wifi to set it up, so I set my phone to provide a mobile wifi hotspot over 4g (being out of range of my BT Hub). I had no trouble getting the app working and thereafter, I never had to use a wifi connection. The car's univeral sim and reasonable 4g signal works fine. It's great being able to turn on the heating remotely, as well as check charging progress etc.

Which app are you using - there are two:
You need Nissan Connect, which is version 2.1.2. The icon name says Nissan Connect - no wording on the icon itself and is shown in play store as Nissanconnect Services.
Not Nissan Connect EV v3.5.1 - the icon name says Nissan EV and Zero emissions on the icon.
As I recall, the Nissan Connect app asks you to enter the vin and your details and then confirm your registration.

I eventually got that far (after trying the EV app which isn’t for my car), it’s the next bit (activation) that fails. It was suggested that the VIN might be registered to the previous owner, I would have hoped the dealer would have taken care of that, but maybe I’m expecting too much (if that is the case)
I'm not sure what happens if a previous owner has registered the vin.
If possible contact the previous owner or ask the dealer to, and get them to remove the Leaf from the app - the option is on the profile page. Otherwise the server likely will not allow another activation with the same vin.

The other thing you might try is, on the vehicle display, go to Settings, then find Nissan Connect Services, then there is a sub menu with the option to 'reset to factory defaults'.
Have you paired your phone with the vehicle?

I didn't have to go online. I did it all from the app. Are you sure this isn't for the other app which does ask for and id and doesn't have a register option from the app? It has, country, User ID, Password and two option switches so I assume this is the one where you need to register online. Just checked and this is not the app I use. The other is also by Nissan and not a third party app.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.