Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
From Bjorn's video, the front USB-C are power& data, the rear pair are power only.
Why wouldn’t all 4 of the USB C ports be powered?

Even if there is no fusebox (unlikely) it won’t be too hard to find a 12v supply, or worst case run one from the battery.

I certainly wouldn’t be powering my dash cams from a visible socket.
From Bjorn's video this morning, the front USB-C sockets are power& data, the rear pair are power only.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh no, we take three bikes!! (admittedly one is really light and the total would be less than 55kg I think).
Yep that just my concern. Two bikes would surely always be under 55kg, even with four bikes you should be comfortably under that.

·
Registered
403 Posts
So the car is pretty well screwed together as you would expect, the boot isn’t particularly big though, you should just about squeeze 4 mid size suitcases in..... but it would be only JUST.

HUD / AR, yes please.

Pity there are no leather seat options.

The ‘ergoactive’ massaging seats was nice.

The panoramic roof does have a retractable blind.

At least the bonnet bulge is pretty solid and not flimsy like it IMO looks.

The wheels are almost as wide as the tyres so if you park close to kerbs they are going to look rough pretty quickly:

All in all I like the car (well the Max anyway) but I will be cancelling my 1st Edition pre booking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All in all I like the car (well the Max anyway) but I will be cancelling my 1st Edition pre booking.
Are you thinking of getting one of the post 1st edition models, or has something else caught your eye? Or just sticking with your current car for the time being?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Are you thinking of getting one of the post 1st edition models, or has something else caught your eye? Or just sticking with your current car for the time being?
I have recently changed jobs and my mileage has gone from 400 miles to just 50 miles per week, so I will either spec a non 1st Edition Max to the way I want:
HUD /AR
19” wheels
Electrically adjustable seats with ‘ergoactive‘
Depending on how much that comes to I will either pull the trigger or keep my current car until the fully EV version of the Škoda Superb is available in 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great photos @E-Gizmo
Can I trouble you with this question please? The tail gate/hatch back looks very fragile. What is the glossy black material? Is it steel or is it a plastic hatch?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Great photos @E-Gizmo
Can I trouble you with this question please? The tail gate/hatch back looks very fragile. What is the glossy black material? Is it steel or is it a plastic hatch?
It felt quite sturdy when I closed it so I would say it’s steel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have recently changed jobs and my mileage has gone from 400 miles to just 50 miles per week
That sounds like good news - If it's a shorter commute hopefully you are getting a fair bit more time at home. (y)

Also, thanks for taking the time to post all of this info from Frankfurt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have wondered why car manufacturers have not cottoned onto the growing use of dashcams and either build in a dashcam option into the cluster behind the rear view mirror or at least as a usb power port to it so people can add their own dashcam without taking the car apart.
Yes Tesla have this option but talking about other manufacturers. Premium brands should be building in cameras by now and and the other companies should be supplying usb port.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hmm, so I need to specify all the "plus" options to get the spec I'd want to get me out of my GTE. Could probably drop the styling+, but it's all down to the price VW. Hurry up and tell us already.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have wondered why car manufacturers have not cottoned onto the growing use of dashcams and either build in a dashcam option into the cluster behind the rear view mirror or at least as a usb power port to it so people can add their own dashcam without taking the car apart.
Yes Tesla have this option but talking about other manufacturers. Premium brands should be building in cameras by now and and the other companies should be supplying usb port.
Agreed. I've been asking for power socket in the courtesy light for ages.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have recently changed jobs and my mileage has gone from 400 miles to just 50 miles per week, so I will either spec a non 1st Edition Max to the way I want:
HUD /AR
19” wheels
Electrically adjustable seats with ‘ergoactive‘
Depending on how much that comes to I will either pull the trigger or keep my current car until the fully EV version of the Škoda Superb is available in 2 or 3 years.
Firstly, thank you for posting all of this information from Frankfurt, it's been really beneficial.

My thinking is very similar to yours. My Leaf is a great car and I'll only change it for something that I feel represents a big step up in functionality. I don't think the 1st Plus meets that so I'll cancel my prebooking at some point. I'll instead keep saving pennies and go for a series production version whenever they arrive, including all the optional + packs. I'll have run my Leaf for nearly five years by then and I expect to keep the ID3 for at least as long so I'd rather wait and get all the toys than compromise to get into one earlier.

Having watched all of Bjorn's mini walkarounds of the various new cars coming to the market I'm more convinced than ever that the ID3 is the best one for our requirements.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts