Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Nice info.
Btw i have only done a few drives in mine but i was suprised how quickly the phone paired when i got in. It always seems to be ready by time i have belted up and switched on

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Mine still has the bluetooth reconnect annoyance. It just won't go back to bluetooth as it's taking too long to reconnect.

Also most of the time when I press the brake pedal and press start it doesn't go into Ready mode and I can't select any gears. It's strange. Never had that happen in the Leaf. I end up turning the car off and on again several times just to be able to drive it away. It lights up enough of the dash so you think it's on on but it's only on. Nearly gave up today and phoned the dealer as it's really annoying. I must be super quick at getting in and getting the seat belt on.

Managed to find the settings to turn off the auto fold on the mirrors.

The profiles thing isn't right either. The other profiles are set to Spanish. They should all be set to the main language on the car.

I'm used to being able to hit the charge port unlock button on the fob or in the car to stop an AC charge. Or does it stop the charge automatically when you unlock the car?

Still haven't found where the battery percentage display is hidden. It has to be somewhere. Counting blobs isn't very accurate.
i dont seem to have those problems.My iphone connect quickly. I usually hold the start button for a couple of seconds rather than just a quick push and not had any issues.

the blobs are a bit awkward. I check in the app for the percentage.

not sure about the charging, will try it next time. Only charges it once.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Do you have the app? You can see charging status, battery percentage and set timing for charge.

when i was charging on granny cable i could see the dash screen and the status. Think it goes off after a while but if i lock or unlock the car, or get in it comes back on again

on the media screen if you select the eco button and then charge it is defaulted to immediate start, you can change it to timed start. Not tried
It yet

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
My daily commute is 50km (25 each way)
I can go motorway or coast road
When going motor way im getting 15kwH / 100km which on 45kw usable battery is 300km (186miles)
When using the coast road im getting 13.8kwh /100kw which is range of 327km (203miles).
Thats driving around speed limit on normal mode (with B on non motorway) Im sure i will get that even better with more careful driving, especially on non motorway.

(only done 3 days commuting, temp around 16 degrees)

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Just used a public ac charger for first time. Went for breakfast and a walk and could keep track of the charge remotely using the app.

when returning to the car it seems that unlocking the car did not seem to stop the charge. I didnt try and turn the radio on though. Unlocking the car also woke the dash screen and the charge status info

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Wonder if the behaviour is different on public chargers in that you have to stop the charge and then unlock the car?

I heard the pin move and then just pulled out the cable. I'm assuming it stopped the charge or maybe it doesn't and you just pull out the cable and pulling it just stops it?
i unlocked the car and heard the cable unlock but waited and the car seemed to still be charging. I opened the driver door and looked on the screen and it said charging. I tapped my rfid card to stop the charger and then unplugged the cable.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Had a play with the satnav for first time today as usually use apple maps. I really liked it on the instrument screen and it showed the charge points on it too. Wonder if the charge points are via the live data or if embedded in the map updates.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
I will check mine but my radio never comes on automatically. I have to go to sources and physically select radio.

i would go to dealers with the starting problem. Mine has never not started on first try. Maybe there is a software update the dealers have that can fix that.

i think the keyless entry has a weekish signal. If i have my key in the right pocket and stand with my right pocket facing the door it works With jus a gentle touch of the handle but if my left side is facing the door it doesn’t work as good

what thing is in the glove box for wireless charging? I didnt think uk and irish cars had wireless charging!

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
You could try to connect The car to your home wifi and see if that activates the app.
Or turn on your cars wifi and connect your phone to it and see if you are getting anything.

the service book in the car says you are entitled to take the car to any opel / vauhall dealer in europe for warranty business

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Hopefully they will add features with updates. Maybe we should find an email address and send requests.

does anyone know how the blind spot assist works? I have it on in settings but have never seen the lights come on on the mirrors. Does it only activate if im indicating or should any car passing in the outside lane activate it? Thanks

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Yes. Same here. I turned it off and on again and then it did seem to start to work. It's nothing like the Leaf one which is always flashing there's somebody around. I was about to complain it didn't work then saw it flash on a roundabout when someone was in my blind spot..

I haven't been indicating when it's been active yet so I don't know whether it beeps like the Leaf did.
will give that a go.

do your auto wipers start automatically? I start the car during rain they dont seem to come on. If i flick them of and back on i get a message saying auto wipers activated (or something like that).

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
I'm not sure about the auto wipers either. They should come on without intervention like all other Auto wiper cars I've had before. It's annoying if they expect you to turn them on when it starts to rain as otherwise they're not really auto...

They've got multiple sensitivity settings I think so maybe they want turning to a more sensitive level? I usually find I need most cars on 4 out of 5 or even 5 out of 5 otherwise they don't make much effort to come on.
I plan on giving the car a more thorough drive later today but so far the main remarks from my passenger are the fact the rear has no cup holder :LOL: (I hadn't even thought to check this), and also that the rear USB ports I'd promised are nowhere to be seen.

I find it bizarre the Corsa manual shows rear USB ports and wireless charging, yet neither are included in the Corsa-e's top model. Hey-ho.
yes. Im sure the website says rear cup holders. I did notice their accessories shop has rear cup holders available to buy. Looks like they go in the middle over the bulge. I also thought wireless charging and extra usb ports would be there too. At least i very rarely have people in the back.
Looks like they took anything out that might drain additional battery. Lol

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Did a ten mile-ish drive this evening to get used to the car. Found it ridiculously easy to drive.
Tried to activate the app, the car shows, says connected and after my journey I got a notification that a new trip was added I can review (though I am yet to find where 😂), battery and preconditioning just says I need to activate, and if I press that activate button it loads a website that says I am already registered for that service and to return to the app...so let’s see if that magically appears and starts working soon.

Rainy (well, light to medium spitting) and windy evening, automatic wipers worked fine for me and I didn’t have to tinker with the sensitivity of it, just had to flick the stalk to put the wipers on to automatic mode.

Can not for the life of me work out the automatic unlocking on the car, so am using the fob. Seemed to unlock fine when I tried to get in the boot, but the drivers side door nothing? 🤷‍♂️

Seemed to be getting a decent mpkwh, but doubt ten miles of night driving around south London at 30mph is enough to know.
First big-ish drive is a 160mi round trip this weekend, will be interesting to see how quickly battery level drops (if I can even see an exact percentage by then 🤪) at motorway speeds.
are you using iphone?
I had same thing with the app. After i had done the activation i didnt have option to view trips or precondition car.
When i went back to the app store and it said update available and after that it was fine.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
Radio coming on all the time is really peeing me off now.

The radio instead of bluetooth is really, really, really annoying. It's my absolute pet hate. I'd rather it was just silent instead of blaring the stupid radio.

I wonder whats going on there. mine just seems to come on with whatever I had last. if I was using CarPlay and then don't plug it in the next time it just comes up with the icon for CarPlay and I have to press sources and then select radio. thinking about it even when I have had the radio on it still doesn't come on next time automatically.

Don't forget it is the first edition of a brand new system. im sure they will release fixes. (they better had anyway)

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
I plugged the stick in. It moaned about lack of music then it popped up an update screen. I chose the EU map as that was only one. It had a go at it for a few seconds then it gave up.

I might have to try a different unzip tool as win zip for Windows has an option that needs to be off and the archive tool on a Mac which I'm using has no options at all.

Found the full instructions to save clicking through:

Just tried my update. same as you. started update then a few seconds later says map update failed.
I use my mac to unzip. let me know if you have any look.
Do we need the license file? its says on my link to download the map update and license file but there is no license file download.
there is for the firmware update that i dd though.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite 2020
244 Posts
My app has also randomly started working for charge percentage though frustratingly (and this is not Vauxhall’s fault) I cant see charge level and progress in my car park as it’s a phone signal no spot. There is WiFi down there, but I assume I can’t connect the car to WiFi?
How do I access the trip log?
trip log should show soon. Mine didnt show until i updated the app.

i think you can connect car to wifi. I saw a wifi setting while playing in my drive and it picked up my home wifi. Didnt bother connecting it though.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts